| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Are You Stuck In A Playing Rut ?
Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2011 2:19 pm    

I would like to invite you to participate in one of my Fast Track Camps to be held in March 2012, in which I will present you with a specific procedure that will continually provide a learning direction that can last a lifetime.

I will have a Fast Track Camp both before, and immediately after the Texas Steel Guitar Association Jamboree, that is specifically designed to accommodate a wide spectrum of experience and proficiency levels.

For instance………those who have “not” studied with me before, who are ready to make a giant learning leap, I will be sharing Intermediate level Fast Track on March 5th, 6th, and 7th just “before” the Texas Jamboree. (Jamboree to be held March 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th )

And…..…those who have previously studied with me can tighten their seal belts and be ready for Intermediate level 2, which will be held just “after” the Jamboree on March 12th , 13th and 14th.

Both seminars will be held in my home (which is only about 20 minutes from where the Jamboree is held) where room accommodations and meals, as well as jam sessions are included…..…not to mention the tall tales in the evenings while relaxing on the back porch, or in front of the fireplace.

Teresa and I look forward to being your hosts for what we can assure you will be extensive, informative, and a lot of fun. It can also be a weight gaining experience if you like to eat.

I respectfully suggest you consider making your reservation early.

Those who can’t attend either camp, or prefer “One On One Study By The Day”, may contact me for a convenient appointment anytime throughout the year.

Credit cards accepted, and should you wish to offer Fast Track as a gift, we provide “Gift Cards”.

For questions or details please contact me at msareece@verizon.net
Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2011 2:56 pm    

If I was in your 'hood I'd be knockin' on your door for sure, Reece, that's very generous of you!
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2011 4:55 pm    

This is important knowledge being passed along to a new generation of steel players from a Grand master player. Wish I could be there. Very good Reece.
Christopher Woitach

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2011 5:12 pm    

I have studied with Reece, and will continue to, as long as he'll have me. I fly to Texas from Portland a couple times a year and get an intensive session. I have been teaching music for over 30 years, and have taught at a university for the past 11. In my opinion, Reece is a remarkable and effective teacher, the best I've ever studied with. If you sign up for the camp, and remind me, I'll send some of my home roasted coffee.

By the way, Reece, I am stuck in a rut. I can't stop practicing pedal steel for hours each day. Please help...
Billy Tonnesen

R.I.P., Buena Park, California
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2011 9:07 pm    

In days gone by when there was plenty of Bands to play with, not only could you get in a rut but the whole Band could get in a Rut by getting too tight and organized. Sometimes getting with a new group could re-inspire one's
playing with new songs, ideas, and arrangements.
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2011 5:52 am    

Highly recommended!!!!,,,this will put you on the "fast track" for learning music in general and steel guitar in particular. If there is any way you can,,,DO IT!!!
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2011 7:49 am    

Reece is one of the most insightful teachers I've ever had the pleasure of studying with. Not only is he a superior musician and steel player, but he knows what you're thinking when you're playing, why what you were attempting didn't really work out, and what three steps you need to back up and work on before you try that again.

If you can find a way to study with him, you'll be very glad you did. In fact, I'm overdue myself...
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2011 8:13 am    

I second what brother Jim Cohen said! Studying with Reece is a blast, and you learn a completely different way of thinking. I highly recommend some time spent with my pal Reece. Oh, yeah, and you eat good, too! Laughing Jody C.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2011 1:12 pm    

A truly incredible teacher, this guy knows everything about playing steel guitar.

Bobbe Seymour Very Happy
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 5:11 am    

If I lived in the States I would pitch a tent in Maurice's garden and take lessons on C6 every day! Laughing

Getting lessons from one of the all time greats has to be the ultimate musical experience. Bobbe speaks wise words, and if you ask Paul Franklin and Tommy White about Reece, they will just eulogise all night long about him both as a player and a person.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Sidney Malone

Buna, TX
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 8:06 pm    

This is a really great opportunity that shouldn't be passed up by anyone wanting to cut years off the learning curve!!

I am personally way, way, way overdue for a visit with my steel guitar psycologist Winking

I highly recommend that Reece be yours too!!
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 10:21 pm    

Though Reese and I are friends and I have built hundreds of MSA guitars for him I think it's time I study with him. I may just have to jump in on one of these fast track sessions.
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2011 2:18 pm    

I'll be right next to Johnny Very Happy
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2012 12:54 pm    

Just in case anyone missed this great opportunity!!!
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,