| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A couple of BIAB questions before I commit.
Webb Kline

Orangeville, PA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2011 9:25 pm    

I'm finally at a place in life where I might actually be able to find time to make use of BIAB. I have a very basic set up and needs, but am confused as to what version I really need.

Here's my setup:

I have an old version of Adobe Audition that I don't want to give up on. It's simple, gives me no problems and is much easier to operate than the new version which I tried and deleted. I don't know if I would need this in conjunction with the BIAB or not.

I use a Peavey 10 channel mixer w/USB port to get into and out of my computer.

I play a mixture of bluegrass, country, swing and jazz, so I need some diversity musically.

I want to use it as a writing tool as well as a rehearsal tool.

I'd like to be able to burn mp3's to listen to from it.

Do I need anything more than the basic to accomplish this? I'm old school and pretty much a technophobe beyond the basics. I can get a fairly decent recording out of Adobe, but I don't delve too deeply into it.

Do you think the basic package will be okay, or will I need one of the bigger versions?

I am going to have to replace my present computer soon, and will I be able to load BIAB into the new one or will it only work on one PC?
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2011 9:49 pm    

I have had BIAB for several years. I have ver. 2011 and will upgrade to 2012 when available.

I don't use BIAB as a recording tool. It does backgrounds well, however. I send BIAB to cakewalk to finish.
BIAB has several types of music.
You can use it to write, especially chording, but there are other programs better for writing.
It will output as MP3 if you want. Never tried it myself.
I talked with BIAB and was told it can be loaded on more than one of your own computers.

Biab also has Real Band with it. That is a sequencing program that you could write to. I have never used that option.

I would suggest you get the most comprehensive package you can afford.

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2011 8:33 am    

My set-up and experience is basicly the same as Ken's and my advice also..A word of caution however, Wait for the 2012 ver. because PG Music comes out with a new ver every 6 months and the 2012 should be out within a few weeks..
I'd get the Ultra Plus package..You won't use every thing on it but there's still a lot of stuff that you will use..
The nice thing about it is that it comes on a USB HD and you can load as much as you want or all on your PC.
You can ease the learning curve a whole lot if you can get Rick Campbell's DVD..It's a really good tutoral..He may still have some copys left..Dunno, but he did say that he had no objections to making a copy to pass on..Good luck...
Leon Carpenter

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2011 4:23 pm     A couple question s

Webb, Check you box, you have a private message. e.l.c.

Orangeville, PA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2011 4:00 pm     Re: A couple question s

Leon Carpenter wrote:
Webb, Check you box, you have a private message. e.l.c.

Leon, message didn [t come through for some reason. Try emailing me @ jwkline@ptd.net