| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What are these MSA parts??
Kevin Bollivar

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2011 1:55 pm    

I found this package today,it must have belonged to a MSA Vintage XL that I had,as I do remember of this being in the case when I had originally purchased it.I'm new to pedal steel,and not quite up on all the part names.Would some of you be able to tell me,what it is that I have here,and maybe how much this would be worth if anything??.I maybe will post this on Ebay,unless I have offers in here.Thanks Very Happy

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2011 3:58 pm    

Starting at the top left;

ball joint connectors with a couple of ball joints connected (connectors screw on to the pull rods, ball joints screw into the pedals. This connects the pedals to the pull rods.

Two ball joint connectors with no ball joints (there is one ball joint in the lower left corner that appears to be broken at the threads)

Not sure about where the stand-off goes (upper right in picture)

The copper ferrules go inside the pull bars (on the cross shafts), and the rods that pull the changer pass through these.

The one aluminum ferrule is a stop that prevents the rods from extending out of the changer when a knee lever is folded in the case.

The longer aluminum piece is a spacer that passes through the holes in the changer and the little plastic piece goes behind that and is used to tune the changer.

Not sure about the spring and what appears to be a bent thumbscrew.

No treasures there.....the ball joints and the brass ferrules might be needed by someone.

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2011 4:22 pm    

Thanks Steve....wondering what to expect for a price amount,if I put this stuff on fee bay Shocked

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2011 6:06 pm    

The stand-off bracket is definitely part of a MSA half-stop assy. kit. I bought the whole kit back in the early 80's--everything you see in the diagram/instructions & actual picture of my MSA, from the stand-off bracket to & including the bellcrank, was furnished in the kit. Can't remember what I paid for it.

Kevin Bollivar

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2011 6:11 pm    

Not sure,but i think I have the tuning rod also,gonna have a look,Thanks Butch!!! Very Happy