| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Universal Players .. a full chord across all 12 strings
Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2011 3:17 am    

We all tend to alter various pulls from time to time. I have the Emmons set up on ABC pedals. My LKV drops my 5th a semi tone and raises my 1st a full tone. Now when press my "Boowah pedal" 4th pedal on my guitar, and lower my E's ...RKR on my guitar, and use my LKV at the same time, I get a full chord across all 12 strings. If I were to end a song (open, no pedals)..I'd move down 4 frets from said position and use the combination I mentioned. If I were to end on a pedals down chord, I'd move 1 fret up from said position and use that combination. Just raising the 1st string a full tone on the LKV which also lowers my 5th allows that full chord. Isn't it fun to experiment, though it's not very often I change my copedent Smile Having the 1st string full tone raise on the LKV is still good for licks with or without pedals.

Micky Byrne U.K.

Sho-Bud and Carter Universals

Nashville 400, and Evans Fet 500, both in split cabs.

www.micky-byrne.co.uk
Richard Damron

Gallatin, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2011 9:25 am    

Micky -

Since you're obviously interested in full chords, you might want to look into Ed Packard's CM13 series copedant. The pulls are greatly simplified and afford multi-string chords in all positions. In-depth discussions are to be found on the Steel Guitar Builders Forum under the Pedal Steel category.

http://steelguitarbuilder.com/forum/

As you will note, my interest in this stems from a desire to achieve a much more comprehensive "Universal" tuning than which is currently being used.

Richard
Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2011 10:29 am    

Thanks Richard...I'll have a peek. When I put that 1st string full pull on the LKV ... I never realised the potential there. I don't end on that chord often, but when I do it's just sooooo full Smile ....strumming up from 12 to 1 ... It's like a full piano chord with two hands "and" more Very Happy

Micky Byrne U.K.

Sho-Bud and Carter universals

Nashville 400 and Evans Fet 500 both in split cabs. Awaiting Neo magnet from Peavey UK tomorrow...happy back Winking