| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Bobbe Seymour
Sherman Willden

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2011 4:10 pm    

Thank you for the emails. I've always thought that any musician would enjoy just sitting, playing, and relaxing with an instrument for the fun of it. You said you don't sit and play just to relax. Of course I'm not a working musician. So I was just curious. When you said that you don't just sit and play to relax did you mean that every time you play in private that you are working on something steel guitar wise?
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 9:23 am    

.........No, I just don't ever sit and play. Not for any reason, it is no longer plesant to do so. sorry.
But I love talking to all you guys and hashing old memories. Remember I played solid for over sixty years, I need a break,
However, I CAN still play, just don't want to.
Roberto.
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 10:33 am    

Perfectly understandable answer Bobbe. Talk about putting in your dues and being a part of history. Sometimes it's good to leave something alone for a while. When/if you come back to it, it'a approached with refreshness. I pick up a fishing pole.
Robert Harper

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 11:54 am     Other Jobs are the same

My dad, a TV repairman, would no touch a TV after hours, A plumber doesnt plumb. I have always wondered do bankers get tired of money?

Volga West Virginia
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 2:05 pm    

I will be in the Nashville area next week Im going to stop by your store Bobbe I hope to catch you there

Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 3:57 pm    

Yes Joe, I'll be here, I love my business, I love what steel has done for me and my relationship with it, I'd just rather help others with steel and their
love for it, help them play it, and I'd rather be an asset to others through my love for the instrument itsself. I love the guitar and what it can do, I'm just not into boreing myself by playing it just to hear myself make noise Laughing .
Want to talk about it or how its made, or possibly any aspect of teaching new players more tricks? I'm the guy, I have many new things to do to help others and I feel that this is my calling for the future.
Kevin, your love for the instrument is obvious, I love seeing a person's drive and passion like yours and Joe's, this is a great thing, you really have it.
I still love the guitars and still like playing music from the past on my collection of Emmons P-P, Bigsbys, Sho-Bud Perms, it's a form of going back in my life and saying hello to what I have left behind. It's something I'll never lose,,,,I hope.
Then there are the people, I never want to lose track of any of them, but as we know, there is an end to everything, and Sherman, the second half of your questio is a YES, when I sit down to play now it IS to work something out, I should do it more.

Your buddy,
Bobbe

Your friend as ever,
Bobbe Seymour
Joseph Barcus

Volga West Virginia
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 4:27 pm    

Thanks Bobbe I plan on coming on Monday the 3rd. I have to set in Nashville for 2 days before going on to Mississippi.

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2011 6:05 pm    

Hey Bobbe:

Everytime that I have visited you....on many occasions...sometime during my visit you have sat down and played for me. I want you to know just how much I appreciate it. Looking forward to the next time. I hope soon.
Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 30 Sep 2011 9:05 am    

Sure Ben, just change my name to "Rusty Seyless"

Bobbe (Rusty)