| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Show In Maryville, TN-September 24th-Herby Wallace
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2011 4:35 pm    

I will be doing a show in Maryville, TN on Saturday, September 24th at 7:30 p.m. It will be at a place called the Shed which I understand is next door to the Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson dealer. I have never been there but they tell me it is a very nice outdoor theater. I am working with a group who are impersonators of the Highwaymen. Also, my friend, Doc Peters will be playing guitar and if you don't know Doc, he is an excellent player. He and I worked together for two years in Pigeon Forge with Jim Ed Brown and Helen Cornelius. We will be mostly traditional country doing Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash tunes so if you happen to be in the area, try to make it. This is rare that I get a chance to play "Real" Country Music anymore.

Herby Wallace
Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2011 6:30 pm    

That's great Herby. I hope you have more jobs like this.

Tony
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2011 6:42 pm    

Sounds great Herby. Knock 'em dead. By the way, tell Doc "hello" for me.
...Roy
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2011 9:03 pm    

The "Shed" is a part of the Smokey Mountain Harley Davidson dealership. Therefore, it's a biker crowd. They have bands there every week. It's usually Southern Rock type bands. Herby could be the first steel guitar player to grace that stage. It will no doubt be good.

Smile
Larry Custer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 12:10 pm    

Herby,Gonna try to make it there to see you been awhile,I should be home by Wed 21.What is the address there.Hoppe to make it.Larry
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 6:27 am    

Herby wish I could be there especially to see and hear Doc again..Doc was with me for a bunch of years and he is a great guitarist (and he sings too)..I can just imagine the two of you together..Tell Doc ole PH 1 says hello..maybe I can get you guys down here..We talked about it..I have a CD and DVD of the show those guys are amazing, even sound and look the part..Herby and Doc..I'd love to see and hear that..here a pic of the show your playing...
Corky Tittle

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 7:39 am    

Herby, sounds like you're gonna have a blast with this group, and I'm quite sure you'll be invited back many times over. I hope you can make it to Bill Stafford's show for a couple of reasons, the first and formost is this will probably be the last time Hank Corwin will play, he has some serious medical issues, I spoke with him yesterday and he's doing ok for now, anyway I'm gonna makeit for the staff drummer deal, and as it may be my last appearance would hope to play behind you, plus it would just be good to see you again. As always Bill is gonna have some really good players this year, he's a really great guy and puts his heart and soul in these things, and is always a pleasure to be around. Truly a gentleman and a credit to the business. Break a leg. .....Corky
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 4:30 am    

Just a bump for a good show one shouldn't miss.