| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SWSGA Fall Jam In Arizona A Big Success
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 6:10 am    

Our fall jam at the College in Apache Jct. was a huge success,we had a good turn out and lots of fun pickin,visiting and eating,just a great weekend.
Now our eye's and mind are focused on the big second annual show at the Holiday Inn in Mesa Az. January 13th,14th and 15th.
We sold a lot more advanced tickets yesterday and a lot of members renewed thier membership as well.Everyone at our jam was all geared up for the January show,its gonna be a killer show to say the least.hope to see you there in January.

------------------
Fred Justice
Events Dir.
SWSGA www.swsteelguitar.com

Jim Ives

Los Angeles, California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 6:46 am    

On behalf of Mike Perlowin and Al Vescovo, I'd like to add that the Jam was a tremendous amount of fun, the people we met there were so friendly and hospitable that I felt like I had travelled around the block, not 400 miles. And Fred Justice is one increddible steel player!
Thank you all for having us.
-Jim

------------------
Mullen D-10
Lexicon MPX 100
Fulltone Full-Drive II
Evans FET 500 -or-
Peavey Nashville 1000
Vox wah-wah pedal
My dog Toby sittin' on the floor listening

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 7:34 am    

Jim,we were more than happy to have our California friends over for the jam,and thanks for the kind words on my playing.
Hope to see all of you in January.

------------------
Fred Justice
Events Dir.

[This message was edited by Fred Justice on 15 November 2004 at 08:15 AM.]

Miguel e Smith

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 10:08 am    

Well...Danny Sneed and I were planning on being there Sunday, but he had to take visitors to the airport and ended up being there longer than anticipated so it was too late to even head thata way. I'm sure it was a great time but we'll definately be there for the BIG 'UN in January!

By the way, Fred is a wonderful player. What I didn't know until a week ago was that Fred was injured in an ATV accident awhile back and has several torn muscles in his shoulder and arm. I was belly aching over my little injury and yet I don't know how he's playing at all. Good going Fred.

Mike
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 2:15 pm    

You know,I got to thinking with out all the help from the wives and ladies that work so hard on these jam's and events us players would be struggeling along,so i'd like to mention of course my wife Brenda,Dixie Jenkins,Arlene Seydel and all the other ladies that brought food and just pitched in.
Thanksssssssssssssss Girlssssssssssssssssssss

------------------
Fred Justice
Events Dir.

Hap Young

Yuma, AZ, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 5:17 pm    

I had a great time at the jam. Good food, good friends and GOOD picking. Id like to thank especially Al Vescovo For playing a great 14 string guitar, and he knew what to do with all 14 of them. If you havent heard him play, do so. Maybe at the Jan show in Mesa. Of course Fred was Fred, and did a terrific job as did Jim wahles. (sp) and of course you cant leave out our STAR player Jonathan Candler. I hope to see everyone at the convention in Jan.
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 6:21 pm    

Hey Mike,we did indeed miss you and Danny for
this jam,we had a good turn out and lots of fun.You are right about my sholder buddy,I can't extend my arm to shack hands with someone so I take my left hand and set my right hand out on the guitar and don't play nothing faster than We Could.(hee hee)
Such is life in the big city,wait,im not in the big city anymore,lucky me.

------------------
Fred Justice
Events Dir.

Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2004 8:42 pm    

Its always worth the trip and hard not to have a good time with the great people of SWSGA. Thanks to Fred and Ray for all of the work to make it a great experience my hats off to all the good cooks tooo!! Thanks to Al for that rendition of steel guitar rag I would like to have that one on tape. Thank you to the band, Denny Ron Gerald and Sam, You guys added just the right touch. Jonathan just said you need to start it at 700 am then he might be able to beat Joe Naylor getting there.....Randy and Jonathan
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2004 12:53 am    

It really was a great weekend. Jim and Al and I all had a great time. Thanks again for allowing us "left coasters" to join in the fun.

I hope all of you can come to our L.A. jam next February for more of the same.