| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud LDG Black/Gold 3X4
Jon Irsik

Wichita, KS USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2012 1:28 pm    

Man, it kills me to sell this guitar.

I bought this LDG in December of 2008 from Jeff Surratt at Show-Pro. I went with my brother to pick up a guitar and this was in his showroom. A heavenly light shone upon it and a chorus of angels sang when I saw it. I'd always wanted an LDG but I don't care for the way the green ones age. I saw Lloyd Green play a black one in St Louis and thought to myself "If I ever find a black one....".

Jeff explained that was exactly what happened to this guitar, it was the green-fading-into-brown color that you see with so many of these guitars. A.J. Nelson did the refin on it and it is beautiful with the gold rope inlay.

Jeff said he had "been through" the guitar and it was road ready. You can see some holes in the undercarriage, I'm not sure if things were moved or replaced...Jeff gave a great explanation of what all had transpired with the guitar but I can't recall what was done. I noticed a small crack behind the changer and Jeff said a lot of these guitars have that issue but the crack had been repaired. It's been stable since I've owned it and the guitar plays smoothly. I've included a pic of the repair, I've had no problems at all with this guitar. Serial number 10730 is stamped on the right side of the cabinet and end plate.

I believe Jeff said it had a Wallace single coil pickup. The setup is standard Emmons for this guitar, 3 pedals and 4 knees. It has the tone. You know, The TONE.

Case is age-appropriate...you can tell it's done it's job. Comes with a Stay Cool Cover, a couple of tuning wrenches and a set of Jagwire Lloyd Green strings minus the 4th string.

For the first two years I gigged pretty regularly with the guitar. (Kansas has a no-smoking law so the guitar hasn't been subjected to the smoky bar scene.) Steel gigs have dried up the past year or so and I am playing and making more money on guitar, which is actually my primary instrument. I pulled the trigger on a Gibson J45 (more heavenly light and singing angels), so this has to go.

Price is $2,100 plus insurance and shipping. Drop me a line if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

[/img]
Aaron Goldstein

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2012 7:15 pm    

You've been PM'd.
'76 Sho-Bud LDG
Traynor YGM3s w EPS15s
Jon Irsik

Wichita, KS USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2012 8:59 am    

Guitar sold pending receipt of payment, donation to follow.