| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Aging and Baxter Springs Convention
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2004 1:44 pm    

I did something I've never done before....I triple booked the Oct 1st weekend, promising to be with the guys in Baxter Springs, Kansas for their convention...I think the aging process has started...I'll miss all you guys...and want to say "thank you" to Bob Dell for covering the dates for me. Bob builds a very fine instrument case as well as 'rack cases' and will have some inventory on hand for your consideration. Heck, I even had my room reserved and had to cancel that. Sis and Hubby are coming back from Fresno and we are taking Mom to Asheville, N C on that weekend...so, lapse of memory aside, at her age (87) we won't have too many opportunities for trips. In truth, this is really just a plug Ray, Leland, and Doug and the KSGA convention. Gonna miss you guys and all the "out of town" players...just have fun and promote the Steel Guitar.
Douglas Hudson

Galena, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2004 2:26 pm    

We will sure miss you Larry. I do know we are in good hands though.
Douglas Hudson
VPKSGA
Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2004 4:11 pm    

Larry, I sure enjoyed visiting with you and Steve at the convention. We'll miss your bass playin but I've heard Bob Dell play in Tulsa, we're in excellent hands. You all have a good time with your family an we'll pick somtime down the road.
Lee
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2004 8:07 am    

Larry, Mom is out of town fishing, but I (Dana) will post for her. We will sure miss your playing & fellowship, but like everyone else has said, you got a good replacement. Have fun & we will see ya somewhere down the road.

PS: Randy, Austin & I are really looking forward to this Baxter Springs show coming up. Last year was a lot of fun!