| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WOW! New Ray Pillow CD featuring TW.
Teresa White

Hendersonville, TN USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2004 6:25 am    

This is a must for those of us who love great country music loaded with pedal steel guitar.
This CD is filled with what Tommy considers to be his finest hour of recording with an artist.
Every song is incredible, not ONE bad song! Opry star Ray Pillow, has authorized us to sell this wonderful recording on our website. They will be available within the week, hopefully by Tuesday on www.tommywhite.net

Gere Mullican

LaVergne, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2004 1:14 pm    

Teresa, I don't know if you saw my post on Ray's new CD or not. I bought it the other day when I was at Ernest Tubb record shop. I have always liked his singing and even tho it probably won't get a lot of radio play, it is some of the best music I have heard in a long time considering every song on it. I agree, not a single bad song on there. I just wonoder if your talented husband even has an inkling of how great a steel player he is. I mean, I know he is probably very humble, but do you suppose he ever listens to his stuff and says to himself "WOW, that is some great sounding stuff"? I have never met him but I would sure love to one day. I have admired his picking ever since he came to Nashville as a kid. I was filling in for Roy Wiggins at his store one Saturday when this little kid named Tommy White came in. I think he had a record out at that time of some fiddle tune. Anyway, I just wanted to express my feelings for his playing and Ray's new CD.
Gere

[This message was edited by Gere Mullican on 01 August 2004 at 02:16 PM.]

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2004 7:48 am    

It's about time. Ray Pillow is one of the best country singers anywhere. Tommy and Ray, two true artist on the same record. Tommy has been one of my very favorite steel players for years not to mention that he is like a brother to me. I know before hearing that this CD is a must for every steel fan. I wish that we had an outlet to buy CDs like this and others that have great steel playing on them. Lets face it, steel guitar, as with most instuments is primarily a backup instrument. It would be great if the forum offered these sometimes difficult to find records.

------------------

Johnny Cox

www.msapedalsteels.com

Teresa White

Hendersonville, TN USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2004 8:36 am    

We are now taking orders for the new Ray Pillow CD on our Products page at www.tommywhite.net
We would like to thank everyone who has inquired and has already ordered!
Johnny, thank you for the kind words about Tommy. We hope you and Joan are great!
Gere, thank you so much! Tommy feels very fortunate to have been able to make a living playing steel for nearly 28 years. People like you make him more humbly thankful.
Our best to all,
Teresa

[This message was edited by Teresa White on 02 August 2004 at 09:54 AM.]

Bill cole

Cheektowaga, New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2004 3:13 pm    

What songs are on there
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2004 5:56 pm    

As I said on a recent post, Ray Pillow has long been one of my favorite singers. Great guy too. Wouldn't it be great to see a big Ray Pillow hit?

Tommy, when you see Ray, tell him I said hello.

Thanks,

Jim
Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2004 12:24 pm    

Can you post the songs on the CD?
Jim Vogan

Ohio City, Ohio 45874
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2004 1:53 pm    

RAY PILLOW - RPI 102

WITH THE GRAND OLE OPRY BAND
I DO, BUT I DON'T
THIS AIN'T NO SAD COUNTRY SONG
GO AWAY
ANGELINA
THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN I
BEING IN LOVE
OKLAHOMA GAL
FOR ME, IT'S YOU
THE PART I DON'T UNDERSTAND
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW GOOD YOU'VE GOT IT
GOIN' CRAZY
I WONDER WHO'S MISSING YOU NOW

------------------
Jim Vogan
Fessenden SD10 3&6
G.D. Walker Stereo Steel Combo
Bakelite Ric
Hilton volume pedal

Ts McDonald

Arlington, Texas USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2004 4:09 pm    

****This "CD" is just "Quite Simply Outstanding****
I have had my "Copy" for about two months, and it sounds "More Superb" each time I play it...."The Musical Selections, Arrnagements, Production, Musicians, "Total Mix" is truly "Outstanding"....In my "Professional Opinion", also in Nashville and "The Great Republic of Texas", everyone who has heard it, "Loves It"....Ray's Vocals, as usual, are "Outstandingly Performed, he sounds better than ever", and "TW's Playing" is, as usual, "So Tasty, So Perfect", that it's scarey, and, of course, the "Musicians" supporting are "Musically Perfect"....Just my opinion, but I'm Sticking with it....

Thanks,

------------------
Ts

[This message was edited by TS MCDONALD on 04 August 2004 at 03:53 AM.]

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2004 5:20 pm    

Mike Cass and I just finished listening to Ray Pillow great CD with Tommy White. In the words of Mike Cass (Ray Price's steel player)"...did you hear that great lick?!"

I would encourage everyone who loves straight ahead pure country singing with great steel playing to get Ray Pillow's newest CD. Great job Tommy White...just like I taught you!! HA HA

[This message was edited by Bill Simmons on 04 August 2004 at 07:07 PM.]

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2004 2:53 am    

I have spoken up many times about how little they (the Opry) feature one of their best singers and Tommy responded to me. When Ray is on stage performing,the band also honks and you can tell it's a mutual blend. I have to get this one.
Pat Jenkins

Abingdon, VA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2004 5:00 am    

I have been listening to an old Ray Pillow tape from the early 80's for ages and thought we would never get anything new. Ordered the new one last week, got it on Monday, it is absolutely fabulous. Great songs, incredible musicianship and, of course, Ray Pillow. Also available at Ray's website is a live recording from the early 80's, which I also got. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

Pat

Waltzing Through A Rock And Roll Life!!
John Hawkins

Onalaska, Tx. on Lake Livingston * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2004 7:39 am    

Tom McDonald loaned me his copy to listen to, of the C.D. that Ray Pillow has recorded while he ( Tom ) was in my area a couple months ago. It is a first class good country recording with fine up front steel work by Tommy White. Tommy sounded great as usual. All the Opry staff musicians on the recording did a fine job with the arrangements.

I played the entire C.D. twice -back to back as Tom and I made our way toward Houston.

It is a fine piece of work by a super vocalist named Ray Pillow . Get a copy -- you'll like it !

John
Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2004 5:56 am    

Theresa thanks for the promt service I'm in the middle of my first listen. Also kudo's to Mark N for his songwriting.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047