| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep South Steel Guitars, Gulfport MS
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2011 1:54 pm    

Proud to announce that our first show of 2011 will be on March 25th & 26, VFW Dedeaux Road, Gulfport, Ms. Glad to see that this show will be two days and maybe three in the near future. Have major interest from a lot of our players from all over. Details on motels, show times etc will be published soon. Things are looking up down south!!
Bill Stafford
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2011 3:45 pm     deep south jam

Bill; I'm gonna try to make this one, if my kidney hold up. I'll bring the Session 500 that we talked about in Laurel if I get the blown cap. replaced. It just couldn't take a Fender jazz Bass at full volume. See you in Dallas. Andy H.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2011 11:23 pm     Gulfport Show

Yes Bill, I will be there again as this is one of my favorite shows and is first class all the way.

Herby Wallace
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2011 3:43 am     Deep South Steel Show

Andy, hope you can be here and bring that big amp. Glad you are doing well.
Herby, it is always our greatest pleasure for you to be here with us. I will contact you later about the arrangements etc.
Thanks guys.
Bill Stafford
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2011 2:04 pm     Gulfport show

ALRIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Great time !! Thank you Bill and Betty and the club. We always have a great time in Gulfport.... Love, Buck & Mitzi Smile Smile Smile

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2011 2:09 pm     Deep South

Buck and Mitzie, will be so good to see you two here again. Thanks for your wonderful support. I was just fixing to send you email this evening about the dates. Glad you will be with us...

Bill Stafford
Wendell Gurley

CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2011 6:46 pm    

Mr.Bill, This will be our first time to visit Gulfport, but we are surely looking forward to being with you for this show. I have no doubt it will be top of the line. See you soon. Wendell
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2011 6:49 pm     Deep South Show

Wendell, just this moment I sent you email inviting you to our show. So glad you can be here. I am really excited now. Can't wait for all my friends here to hear your glorious voice. This will be a good way to start this new year. Wendell is one of the very best singers I have heard in a long, long time and he does the real country music we all love and do not hear too much anymore-but we will here in Gulfport on March 25 & 26. Thanks Wendell.

Bill STafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2011 6:36 pm    

Bill, gonna try real hard to reserve at least one of those dates for the show.........Hal
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2011 6:45 pm     Deep South

Hal, hope you can make it. Let me know as soon as possible. Confirmations are coming in nicely now. Thanks for your support..
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2011 9:23 am    

Very Happy Just got word from my band leader that nothing is booked on either of those dates, as of this moment. I asked him to not book anything for Friday night the 25th. That would mean that if he books something for the Sat. nite that I could stay over Friday night and be there for most of the day on Sat. Can I book your barn Bill for Friday night?
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2011 3:53 am     Dssg

Hal, the five star barnyard apt is vacant. Rob Parker usually stays here with us and will be missed terribly. Sure, you can fill in for him there.
Gordon and Jane Dodson just sent me a video taken here in June of 2009 when Rob and you were here on our Friday nite frolic at our home. You and Rob 'duoed' vocally on "Got A Letter From My Kid Today". Sure glad to get this video with Rob. We will have a Rob Parker Memory program at our next show too. Appreciate any input to make this a good one "For Rob).
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2011 6:04 pm    

Just let me know Bill if there's anything special you want....I'll be glad to do whatever!
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2011 7:35 pm     Hal & Deep South

Hal, will be good to have you here. Want you to play our National Anthem on opening on Saturday at 11:00 AM. Plus your other slots on the program....Let me know your time schedule for Saturday.
We will be most fortunate in that Jerry Jaye will be on stage with us both days and be a big part of our staff band.
For all of you who might know of Jerry Jaye-he is one of the "founding fathers of Rockabilly Music and is a member of that Hall of Fame. Jerry plays all the instruments on a band stand and sings better than most anyone has heard. Runs a band stand very professionally. Plays steel guitar as good as anyone too.
And a big, big surprise in that, just confirmed today, Patsy Trigg will be on stage both days also. Patsy gave the world "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" and this lady is a first class singer, guitarist and entertainer.
Country Jack Harper will enthuse us all over and over and will be here to keep us all straight. His musicianship leaves nothing to be desired and is another crowd pleaser. Jack and Jerry will MC this for us.
This is building up to be one of our best shows.
Roy Rosetta has confirmed and with him on stage, the staff band has to produce.
I will have the list of players in a few days. Hall of Famers are going to be here as before.
New to out stage, Wendell Gurley. After he is heard, everyone will follow him home to make sure he comes back. We are going to really please our audience and the players with this line up that is working up to be our very best.
Hopefully, the Pine Belt Jubilee TV show band will be here under the tutelage of Bob Saxton.
More later.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 5:35 am     Deep South Steel Guitars

GOOD NEWS! Just heard from one of our very favorites-BEN O'DELL will be able to be here on Saturday and will be a big help during our ROB PARKER Memorial day. Thanks Ben. Sure glad your familys health problems are better to allow you to be here. Thanks so much.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2011 4:53 am     Bump

All the way up !!!
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2011 9:45 am     Dssga

I'll be there. Just put me where ever you want to Bill. I enjoy watching the show, as much as, playing. Maybe you can make it to Magee on March 5th. There putting together a good steel show at the store that day. Thanks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2011 10:51 am     Show

Billy, will you be here for the Friday night show also? This is good news to have the Mississippi Steel King Pin on the program...Thanks for this support.
Glad to see the Magee show coming up. Count me in.
Bill Stafford
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 2 Feb 2011 5:50 am     show

Right now, we're coming down early on Friday. Unless something changes, which I don't expect, we'll be there Friday & Saturday. That'll give me a chance to break in a new Rains. Thanks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2011 6:22 am     Show

That news is so well received, Billy. Thanks very much. Anxious to hear that new Rains.
Bill STafford
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2011 4:02 pm    

This will be my 2nd time playing this show.
I am really looking forward to all the great picking, new friends and the Stafford's hospitality.

Can hardly wait.

Bill Ferguson
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2011 5:38 pm     Show Time

AND, its getting better and better. Thanks Bill Ferguson. Mixing all these players on stage with the superb Roy Rosetta is as good as biscuits and gravy.
"The Hammer" and his outstanding group will thrill us all. Can't wait to see how excited Country Jack Harper and Jerry Jaye will be this time around.
I will publish the list and schedule as soon as it all gets confirmed.
Our memorial program to Rob Parker is building up fine also. I have just received a video or Rob singing "Got A Letter From My Kid Today" from our Friday Nite Frolic this past June, and hope to have a large screen tv so all can see and hear Rob one more time.
Gordon Dodson and his wife Jane sent it to me. Thanks guys. (Gordon plays a S-14 EXCEL tuned to Julian Tharpe's set up. Gordon's playing puts Julian right back on stage, and he has a deep voice in the realm of Victor Mature. And wait until you hear Wendell Gurley-folks , you "ain't heard nothing yet".
Top it all off with the girls in "The Hammer's Band" from up around Presley country-Tupelo, Ms. Best gravy and biscuits ever. This is just starting to build. Hang on for more information about the players as show time gets closer..This support is really appreciated.
Bill Stafford
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 2 Feb 2011 8:35 pm     Dssga

Sounds like a great show coming together in Gulfport.
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2011 8:41 pm    

Thanks Bill for all the kind words, I'm very humbled. It is always a pleasure to work with all of the great players in the staff band that you always assemble. We're looking forward to being in Gulfport and having the pleasure of working with the many great steel guitarist on the show also.
Thanks again for the invitation,
...Roy
P.S. It will be so good to see and spend some time with my two buddies Herby Wallace and Bill Ferguson and my "Cuz" Buck Grantham and the lovely Miss Mitzi.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2011 12:30 pm     Deep South Steel

One of our Southern Legends has just confirmed-BARNEY MILLER will be here and that is great news for all. He will have one of his new steels to play and display. One of the best players around, I might add. Thanks Barney.
Bill Stafford