| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZB Custom D-10 8/5 - beautiful
Scott Hiestand

MA, U.S.A
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2011 10:16 am    

This breaks my heart, but a new recording project I am involved with (which I need $$ for) forces me to sell my lovely ZB.

It’s a D-10 8+5. I have owned the guitar since 2003 (having bought it from a fellow forumite here). It is a Billy Knowles rebuild. The serial number is 0330 which puts it somewhere in the early to mid 70’s I believe. Like all ZB’s, it has tone to die for. Clean. All knee levers and pedals work as they should (as you can see it has Emmons style knee levers). Standard Emmons set-up. Fantastic finish on the guitar. You can see there is a small fracture on the top of the E9 pickup where it appears to have once been glued – it was that way when I bought it and it has never affected the integrity of the pick-up at all, it’s fine and solid and honks Bakersfield with the best of them. The screw you see is a half-stop on string 6. The case is original but not bad at all, certainly serviceable for average/normal use. If you’re going to be doing a lot of gigging/traveling with it you may want to upgrade.

I have two other steels (Derby D-10 and Sho Bud LDG) and this one has the best tone, hands down. But it's also the heaviest - this thing is a beast weight-wise, not gonna lie. I know, I know....duel cases. Or a dolly. Or something. Just don’t want to deal with heavy equipment any more. And like most musicians I have a habit of selling things I later regret so I gotta keep that streak alive, it’s been a while lol.

I am asking $1700.00 and split the shipping costs. I already know shipping is going to be well over $125.00 (I bring it down to UPS and have them double-box it). Lower 48 only. Personal checks (need to clear), bank check or cashiers check. Email me with any questions and I’d be happy to answer them.

Jeremy Craft

Portland, Oregon
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2011 1:59 pm    

PM sent!
Jerry Kline

Macomb County , Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2011 4:50 pm     Oh MY !

And lead us not into temptation.......it's a beauty.
Scott Hiestand

MA, U.S.A
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2011 10:22 am    

Sale pending receipt of funds...
Keith Schuler

Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2011 1:31 am     a bit of history

Should anyone be interested,I've checked old records & the serial number is correct so here's a small segment of this guitar's history. I purchased this guitar from "Gold City Pawn Shop" of Fort Knox, Kentucky in December, 1973. At that time both the guitar & case were in mint comdition. The guitar originally had white fret boards (IMHO, they looked better than black). Also, back then it had only 4 knee levers with 8 pedals. I can't recall if it then had the screw half stop on the E9 neck. In this listing the darker of the two-tone finish appears to be black.....then it was a 'Charcoal Gray' & the wood figuring was just as evident as in the Natural finshing....absolutely beautiful All in all a really beautiful guitar that played like a dream & sounded remarkable. I sold/traded the guitar in early 1976 to an older gentleman in southern Indiana.

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2011 4:35 am    

Hi scott,Billie COLE I Had a 1967 And The Tone Was GREAT.I Miss mine.Some one will be lucky to have this one
Scott Hiestand

MA, U.S.A
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2011 6:25 am    

Keith

The darker finish is still charcoal grey with what I would call a hint of brown. Guys...stop, you're killing me! I'll miss this guitar but times change and you gotta move on to different things I suppose....
Billie Cole

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2011 7:51 am    

Your doing fine Scott.Moving on is good.....Best of luck.
Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2011 5:40 am    

Yep.
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2011 8:03 am    

A young fellow in Portland told me he sent a check for this guitar, when it clears it could be heading our way. I once owned a S10 and a D10 they had that great old Bakersfield sound.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533
Jeremy Craft

Portland, Oregon
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2011 10:35 am    

The check has been through the mail, so now we're just waiting for the banks and UPS to do their thing.

Larry, I'll give you a call when it arrives, and we'll have us a look and a listen!
Jeremy Craft

Portland, Oregon
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2011 7:45 am     Sold--please close

Sold--to me! (rubs hands together and cackles)