| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Oahu Lap Steel (please close)
Frank James Pracher

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2011 7:04 am    

Up for sale Oahu lap steel. The serial # (X45...) puts it at 1955. Cream/Yellow Mot. It has what appear to be the original Klusons (The buttons are of course shrinking, they are still usable)
There are some spots where the paint on the bottom side of the finger board has come loose. a few small cracks in the MOT. There is small screw hole on the bottom edge of the guitar where someone put at strap pin on it. Some minor rust spots on the bridge, but not too bad. This has 2 magnets in the pickup.

PLEASE READ. When I got this the pick up coils were both open. I replaced them with another set from a Valco guitar.(1961 model) and strung it up. It works fine. (sort of) It looked like someone had done some soldering inside the guitar before and I think the volume control is wire up incorrectly. With the volume all the way up the resistance at the output jack is 5.8k, when you turn in down it goes to about 900k. It still works, but you loose little treble as you turn it down. Its very subtle. You might not even be able to hear it in the video demo.
Check out the pix and demo
PRICE 220 plus shipping includes a hardshell case and a cord with the amphenol connector. I prefer Paypal
(The case is in Rough shape)

Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TySXF-Bl0c

[/img]