| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Corky Owens & Johnny Cox
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2004 9:45 am    

What a night of super steel playing!! Last night my buddy Ts and I went to hear the great Gene Watson with Corky Owens on steel. It was one of the finest examples of tasting and accurate playing I've heard in a long time. The band arrangements were super and Corky just played and picked his heart out! He is truly a fine, fine player...don't miss this show when it comes to your area.

After visiting with Corky at the end of the show, we caught the last hour and half of the Johnny Bush show with the great Johnny Cox. What can you say except JC makes everything not only sound great, but he makes it look so easy! He was playing Joan's new red MSA...I wonder if he made Joan pack it down and load it in the van?! HA
Ts McDonald

Arlington, Texas USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2004 11:06 am    

Bill, you are exactly "100% Correct"....Corky "Nailed It All", a very exceptional Player....The "Band Level", along with "Gene Watson" was "Exceptional", a very enjoyable listening "Experience"....And, of course, what can you say about "JC", aka, "Johnny Cox",except, "Great As Usual"....Thanks,
"WBS & Ts", aka, "The Jurassic Park Twins","Trademarked by "JC"....

------------------
Ts

Corky Owens

Owensboro, KY USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2004 3:24 pm    

Thanks, Bill and Ts. It was good talking to ya'll. I wish I had known about JC. I would have followed ya'll down there. I'm looking forward to getting together Bill. Thanks again for the nice words. It's always nice to know your playing is appreciated. Corky.

------------------
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2004 5:50 pm    

Hey J.P. twins. Thanks for dropping by last night. It is always great to see you two. Wish I had known Corky was at the Stagecoach, would have enjoyed that.

Johnny