| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gulfport and Bill Stafford
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2004 3:13 pm    

Just want to say what a priviledge and honor it was to be on stage with the great Bill Stafford, Ben O'Dell, Larry Moore and Mike Brewer. Bill is absolutely one of the finest,,,both as a gentleman and a player.
All of the players and folks there in southern Mississippi are to be commended.
"Ivan Reddington" on that double neck 8 National was just something else,,,what a player!
"David Easley" shows that there are no limits to what can be played on steel guitar. I don't how to spell it, but he was "fenominal" to say the least. Along with George Mason on violin and Brooks Hubbert on flattop guitar, it was triple "fenominal"!
"Larry Moore" and "Royce Tarver" who play with so much inspiration and soul expression.
Then there's "MIKE BREWER",,,,,"MISTER EVERYTHING"! What a talent!!!
"Ed Clark" on upright Bass and vocals and two guitar players, one on electric and one on acoustic, that I can't remember their names. Y'all were great.
Well, what could I say about Ben O'Dell that hasn't already been said by countless others. Let me just say a big THANK YOU BEN.
You were and always will be #1.
Bill Stafford,,,I don't possess the proper words to say what I feel about you. In a nutshell,,,"The Greatest"!!! Thank you for allowing me the priviledge, honor and pleasure to be a part of your show.
BB
Bobby Bowman
Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2004 6:54 pm    

Bobby
I must agree with you 100%. It was a pleasure to get to hear that old RED PP again, and play with you also.
We'll have to that again one day OK.

Bill has got me all stirred up with that 14 string monster of his. I do not understand all I know about the way it is tuned, but I like the he makes it sound.

Bill gave some things to come home and work on.
Take Care and we will see you again down the Road
Larry & Yvonne
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2004 1:37 am    

The greatest pleasure was what you folks gave to us this past Saturday here in Gulfport. Thanks so very much for sharing your great talents with us and driving all that distance. And Bobby, Larry too, no matter how you "spell" it words could never fully describe the thrill you guys gave me and our gang by being here.
Bobby's "Pure and Simple" CD was playing in my music room early Sunday morning. Nothing "simple" with this CD- and his "pure" steel is the way our instrument is supposed to sound. What a great way to start our spring here on the coast. Thanks again.

Bill Stafford
Larry Beck

Pierre, SD
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2004 7:26 pm    

WoW! What a line up! All I can say is 1500 miles from home and well worth the trip. Don't know which was better, the music or the hospitality!
If you are ever in Gulfport, these folks will make you feel welcome and treat you to some fine music.
Bobby, you are a fine Gentleman and a heck-of-a picker. Bill, thanks for letting me know about the event!
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2004 5:49 am    

Larry, the pleasure was all ours. Glad you were here and had the greatest opportunity to meet and hear Bobby Bowman, David Easley, Ivan Reddington and the rest of our gang here on the coast. Come back soon.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2004 4:56 pm    

Bobby: It was a pleasure having the opportunity to be on the same stage with the best. As I told you in my email, and I do hope you understand the reason I had to break and run. Could've stayed at it all night with the great players in the house.

I think I'm gonna do like my good friend Roy Rosetta said he was gonna do. One of these days, Ed clark and I are gonna have us a bass show and invite 1 steel player. Ha !!!!

Man it was fun, and as I've said so many times before, we got some "SUPER TALENT" on the gulf coast. And I agree,,,,,Brother Bill is still a prince.

Hope to see you all soon.------Ben