| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Webb 614-E with JBL E130-4 for sale in Texas
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 8:38 am    

I have too many amps, so this one is the first on the sales floor since it's the largest.

This Webb is your basic 614-E, black, excellent condition, with correct and sought-after JBL E130-4 (4 ohm) speaker. No issues. It has the wonderful Webb sound, which means tons of punch. Included is a like new D2F cover.

The price is $850, which is what I paid for the amp several years ago. This was my spare Webb and was rarely used or taken out of the house. If you have a speaker you'd prefer, like a Black Widow (they sound great in Webb amps), I'll part with the amp and cabinet for $675 and I'll keep the JBL speaker.

Here's the rub: I'm not shipping any more amplifiers, so the buyer can 1) pick up the amp in Austin, 2) meet me at a gig somewhere, 3) have a friend pick it up for you, or 4) meet me at the TSGA Jamboree in March 2011 and I'll deliver it in person.

I'll accept a trade or partial trade if I'm interested in what you've got to part with, but since this isn't a hardship sale, I'm not into hearing low-ball offers.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 9:21 am    

Herb, would you consider shipping it without the speaker?
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2010 7:41 am    

Guys
I've had several emails and a couple phone calls about the amp, and whether I would reconsider my stance on shipping the amp. Let me explain my position to the Forum.

I've had too much trouble shipping amplifiers in the past to want to risk shipping yet again, unless the buyer will assume ALL the risk. Namely, if the shipper smashes it in any way, the amp is still the buyer's. Alternatively, if the buyer wishes to pay extra for custom boxing by the shipper or his agent (like a UPS store) I'd go through the hassle of having it done, but again, the amp and the expense is the buyer's, regardless.

Reason: I've shipped amps that I've sold and had them damaged in transit; the result is I wind up refunding money to the buyer and I'm left with a busted amplifier and an insurance dispute with the shipper. I'd have been better of just putting an ad in the local paper or Craigslist, or simply consigning it at a local music store.

I'm cleaning out the garage and thinning the herd, not opening myself up to a unnecessary potential liability. So I'm probably going to sell it in Texas, or someone who'll be in Texas, or someone coming to a steel show that I attend.

I know this may be disappointing to those who'd like to experience a Webb amp, but that's the way it is for this particular deal.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Fernando Esparza

San Antonio Texas
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2010 8:08 pm     Webb amp

Herb, I'll take that amp if it is still available