| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What is Best Laptop for $550?
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 6:47 am    

I want to buy a $550 laptop on Black Friday. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any input.

This is an HP Pavilion I've been considering:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00400OSHM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=10S1GQZHWXSPNX8RW3Z7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 7:01 am    

Robert I would keep well away from HP laptops, I know, I had one of there top of the range cost me £1200 and it stopped working , HP would not do a thing about it.
If you check Google about HP Pavilion faults you will see a lot of unhappy owners of this laptop...
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 7:07 am    

That looks like a nice PC. However I'm partial to Intel CPU's and would look for one with at least an Intel I3 processor, 6 or 8 GB of RAM and Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Support from ANY PC company is iffy and there are "horror stories" about them all - HP, Dell, Acer, Sony, etc and even Apple.
Leroy Riggs

Looney Tunes, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 8:11 am    

I've always had excellent luck with Dell both laptops and desktops. But, I never take a chance so I buy the extended warranty as well.

Just make sure you have and adequate amount of RAM and HD memory for what you do with your computer--this is so important. My granddaughter got into trouble with the memory issue and had to expand RAM at a later time.
Mike Davidson

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 5:33 pm    

The computer that screws up on you will be the worst brand in the world. I have had 2 HP's. Desktop & laptop. Both lasted a decade. Both were purchased as refurbs. HP support was stellar (after you got past the auto phone system) they supported them as brand new units. I build computers so I see a lot of friends and family computers. All of the HP's are still in service. I just built myself a new box and I freshened up the 10 year old HP desktop and it's heading out on mission #2.
Mike Davidson

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 5:43 pm    

Apologies for not answering your question. Lenovo makes a good laptop. Sweetheart just bought one to replace her old HP. This is a good unit. Main thing is to get 4GB memory and Intel processor.

Lenovo G560 from Newegg