| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Maurice Anderson.......
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2010 7:14 am    

Hey Reece... The MSA S-12 I just aquired which you said was probably a triple raise double lower model is actually a double raise/double lower. Since it's a wood body emerald green model could it maybe have been one of the first that they made in that configuration. You said that the date of manufacture wasn't listed. Most of 'em that I've seen in this style were indeed triple raise models. Do you have the year that you folks started doing the wood body guitars?........Thanks, JH in Va.

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2010 1:33 pm    

Jerry,

Your guitar was evidently produced "just" before we went to the triple raise and lower system. The design on the front also verifies that as being very likely.

If anything I would have to say your guitar was one of the last guitars made with that configuration, not the first.

MSA records do not reflect model changes.

Thank you for the questions, sorry I can't be more specific, but the records are what they are.
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2010 4:43 am    

Thanks Reece, I'll have to say that everytime I look at the undercarriage of this guitar I'm in awe of the workmanship and precision that went into making these guitars. This is one of the finest instruments I've ever seen........JH in Va.