| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Blountstown show
Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2004 6:30 pm    

Just got registered on the forum. Would like to thank Bobby Clark and Ben Odell for the earlier plugs about my show. As they said, John Hughey, Doug Jernigan, and Roy Rosetta will be there, along with Larry Bullock, Jimmy Miller, Hal Higgins and possibly some others unconfirmed at this time. I guess I will do my usual squeaking and squanking, but I promise I won't do enough to run everyone off! Show will be from 10:00 am untill 10:00 pm central time Feb. 28th, tickets are $15.00. If you need tickets or other info feel free to email me at jpowell@wfeca.net or call(850) 956-2712
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2004 6:31 am    

Hi Jimmy and welcome aboard the good ship "Steel Guitar Forum". Barbara and I are looking forward to being with you and all of our friends in Blountstown. See ya soon.
Warmest Regards,
....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2004 9:03 am    

Hi Jimmy
Welcome to the forum.......
Sure wish I could make this one. Glad you putting this together sounds like a great line up.
Hope to see you next time in Dothan.
Your Pal
Larry
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2004 9:36 pm    

Hi Jimmy.....I'm not going to be able to make it to this years show at Blountstown, as I was just hired as the steel player for a progressive country gospel group called "Philadelpheia" and we have a concert on the 29th. of Feb. I know that you are going to have a great time with John, Doug, and Roy. I'll miss being there, but a man has to make a living. My family and I are no longer the pastor(s) in Buras, and will be re-locating to the Baton Rouge area and seeking employment until the group reaches the status where we will be fulltime....so please pray for us, and you have a great show, maybe I'll get to make next years show, and thanks so much for the invitation and your friendship, it really means a lot to me. Tell all of the guys "hello" from us. HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10, Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX100 (2)1501-4 BW's IN PRO Cabs, & a Sound Tech PL500 Power Amp.

[This message was edited by Hal Higgins on 01 February 2004 at 09:37 PM.]

Robert L. Clark

Blountstown, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2004 6:59 pm    

Welcome to the forum Jimmy. And you are welcome for the plug, but you are the one to be thanked for bringing such great music to our area. There is gonna be a lot fo people miss the boat due the Callahan only seating 150 people. So if you want to come you'd better call or mail sooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2004 7:38 pm    

Hey Ben Odell, You said get on the forum, I'm on the forum, now where are you
albert johnson

tallahassee,florida usa
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2004 4:17 am    

Hello Jimmy,I'm glad to see you on the forum and I sure am looking forward to the steel guitar show Sat. Feb 28th.See you there Albert
Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2004 1:08 pm    

bump it up one time
Robert L. Clark

Post  Posted 14 Feb 2004 6:45 pm    

Hey, let's everybody get fired up about this show coming to NW Florida. Jimmy has a great line-up and needs our help to pay these great entertainers. If anyone is coming, please let us know.
Ron Bryson

Bonifay, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2004 8:19 pm    

Bobby,
Save me two seats. Thanks,
Ron
Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2004 7:56 pm    

Hi Jimmy, and welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear your show is on same night as our SUNCOUNTRYJAMBOREE at Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park but hope you have a good show. Lonnie Portwood
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2004 8:39 pm    

Well, I'll be dipped in baby powder and beat with corn shucks. Hey Jim !!!!!!!! Welcome aboard. Man I thought you'd never jump in here. But ya did.

Really looking forward to seeing all the bunch in Blountstown. Your show is just something I will not miss.

Folks I want to take this opportunity to introduce you to one of the smoothest steel players around. He plays so purty !!!!! It's always a pleasure to have the opportunity to share the stage with my good friend Jimmy Powell. Now you stick ole John and Jimmy up there together and they're gonna make the goose bumps jump up on your arms. They play so purty, you almost have to lay down to listen to-um.

I'm working on him, trying to get him here in the studio to cut his first album. That would be the thrill of my lifetime. Ya'll jump on him Roy and help me out.

Jimmy,,,,,,,can't say it enough. Glad to have you in here with the crew, and can hardly wait till the 28th. See you then. Say hello to yo lovely wife for me, and if she can stand it, kiss her right in the front of her face for me. Later----------Ben

Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2004 3:19 pm    

Hi Lonnie, Good to hear from you. Enjoyed picking with you at New Smyrna Beach that time, wish we could do it again sometime. Hey Ben, I am looking forward to the 28th too. How about hog tying ole Wayne and throwing him in the back of your jigger and bringing him along......Powell
Ben ODell

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2004 8:12 pm    

Ref: The hog Wayne,,,,,,,er-ra,,,was that hog tie Wayne. Still sounds right. I got the leash tied to the back of the fliver as we speak. As we get closer to the weekend, I may have to put a muzzle on that boy but, Lord willin, we'll both be there. Course I'll have to stop 4 or 5 times so Wayne can change out them burnt out tennis shoes.

Ms Mickey said she was scheduled to work that weekend but she is going to try and horn-swaggle her way out of it so she can be with us.

Tell them folks down at the cafe to pick some good grub to put on the table down there for us. And tell Wayne to put a special strawberry pie in the stove for Roy.

You ready to cut that "ALBLUM"? HUH ???
Ben
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2004 10:02 am    

Quote from O'Dell "tell Wayne to put a special strawberry pie on for Roy", now Ben , you are "right on". I can handle that pie, and speaking of pie, you know Miss Mickey is the queen of Mandarin Orange pie.
Barbara and I are looking forward to being in Blountstown in a few days and I can't hardly wait to work with all you super southeast musicians.
Jimmy Powell has a super line up of southeast steel guitar players, and there are many, headed by John Hughey and Doug Jernigan and for those of you that are not familiar with Jimmy Powell, well, this gentleman can play with the best of them. Come on down and join us in Blountstown and treat yourself to a great day of music and fellowship.
Great people, great music and great food...doesn't get any better than this.
...Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2004 3:30 pm    

Thanks a bunch Roy. It's gonna be a real treat having you at the Callahan. Ben, what's this about a strawberry pie? Has Wayne been holding out on me? I've always had to find a Shoneys to get strawberry pie! I'll get to the bottom of it this weekend. By the way, the Southeast steel guitar association will meet Feb. 22 at 2 PM and decide if there is enough interest to continue or disband. If anyone is interested in keeping it going, try to make this one....Powell
Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2004 4:51 pm    

I can't make this meeting I will be in Saluda Sc. I will see you on the Feb. 28
Larry Moore
Ben ODell

Post  Posted 18 Feb 2004 5:06 pm    

Hey Roy,,,,,,you are so right about all "them" fine pickers in N. W. Florida. And you are again, right on, about the talent of our big buddy Jimmy Powell.

In regards to the strawberry pie, I just chunked that in there to get them ole lips slobbering. I'm sure Ms. Mickey will appreciate your throwing in a plug for her world famous cake. NONE BETTER !!!! Been tellin her that for 41 years. Maybe if she can horn-swoggle that weekend off, she can bring you a special one. AND,,,,,,,we won't pull that dirty trick on John this time.

See ya'll on the 28th.
Buddy Castleberry

HAWKINSVILLE GA USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2004 10:00 am    

JIMMY TALKS ABOUT HIS SQUEAKING & TRANGING
IF YOU HADN,T HEARD JIMMY YOU NEED TO GO TO THIS SHOW .
I,M HIS BIGIST FAN.HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT
WEEK IF MY BACK WILL LET ME GET THERE.
Robert L. Clark

Post  Posted 20 Feb 2004 6:12 pm    

here's a bump!!!
Graham Bland

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2004 6:31 pm    

If Roy Rosetta is going to be there the show will be nothing less than 150 percent FABULOUS.
Ben ODell

Post  Posted 21 Feb 2004 6:27 pm    

YES SIR !!!! Ole Brother Roy always hooks the wagon when he is playing a show. None Better !!!!!
Robert L. Clark

Post  Posted 22 Feb 2004 5:43 pm    

Hey everybody, I saw Jimmy last night and his head was swelled up so bad he could hardly wear his hat. Weldon was in town to play for Billy Walker, so Jimmy went down and had lunch with him. I guess when you rub elbows with the best, it makes you better, cause Jimmy was on last night.
MALCOLM KIRBY

Crofton, KY USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2004 10:41 pm    

Jimmy probably won't wash his elbows for a month Have a great show Jimmy!
Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2004 7:15 am    

What is the Address of Callahan's?

I'm Loading up and getting ready to leave.

We got some White stuff all over the ground here last night. time to head south.
Larry