| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gone missing for awhile. Saw Vince Gill.
Danny Hall

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2010 5:45 pm    

Hello All: I had a terrific "all gone forever" crash boom bah! on the old computer. Couldn't log in for awhile. Bought a Harley. Lost interest. Lost my dog.

Missed the place. Saw Vince Gill last month with the missus. I think he's about 3/4 country all the time and about 1/4 country Jazz the rest. GREAT show. Filled the 7500 seat auditorium at the Peppermill here in Reno. Saw lots of guys in the audience wearing shirts that looked an awful lot like Country Band shirts. Lot's of great songs. Didn't catch the name of the Steeler though Vince introduced him twice. I'm hard of hearing.

Danny

Last edited by Danny Hall on 14 Nov 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2010 11:12 pm    

Saw Vince a few weeks ago here in Santa Rosa. Our theater only holds about 2000, and we were in row 13 right in the middle. Great show!

Danny, you are probably going to feel a little silly after I tell you the name of the steel player (unless he happened to be a different player for the Reno gig - but I kind of doubt it). This wan't some sort of new kid on the block, under-the-radar steel man - it was Tommy White.

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2010 8:11 pm    

That was the name Mark. I'm just so new to this game I was too stupid to recognize the name. Thanks for the heads up.

My wife especially liked; "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night, that Chewed Your Butt Out All Day Long" I'm unsure if she was thinking about her own tendencies or mine!!

Dan