| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lets all buy b0b a drink !!
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 9:12 am    

We all know what a great job b0b is doing keeping the Forum going no matter what the problems are and I haven't heard that b0b is back to work yet so I am suggesting that we all send b0b a $5.oo check to "buy him a drink" and help keep this Forum going and solvent !! It would be a gift so it won't count as "income" !! Probably b0b won't like this idea but with 10,000 ++ members maybe we can help him with the forum expenses !!??? My check is going out today !! Lets all chip in and help keep this Forum strong !!! the old geezer = AKA = Eddie "C"
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 9:58 am     Not so sure that's a good idea!

Now, b0b deserves our appreciation and heartfelt thanks, no question about it.

But, I worry that all that MONEY...... might just lead b0b down a road of problems we couldn't possibly envision. You know, once he gets it, what's he supposed to do with it?

As a musician, one inclination might be to go out and buy a whole bunch of desireable musical instruments, guitars, amps, affects, etc., things his family just might not appreciate.

And, as you know, many musicians become afflicted with the ills of alcohol....when they have more money than they can spend....and more time than they know what to do with and that would be tragic.

All those CD's and records he might invest in and where's he gonna put all that stuff?

Eddie.......maybe you can offer some suggestions as to how b0b might spend all of that new found loot so as to help keep him on the straight and narrow, so to speak. Surely, we don't want to upset the balance of things as they are.
Don Drummer

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 12:02 pm    

Great Idea!
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 12:50 pm    

I can't drink because of the liver disease. Doctor says it would kill me. You don't want that.

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 4:03 pm     Now Definitely buy b0b a drink !!!

My check has already gone out !! Now that we know b0bs weakness definitely buy him that drink !! It will eliminate all those "closed" postings and we can all go WILD !!!! Or he can use all that $$$ for some other nefarious purpose !!! b0b needs all the help he can get !!! the old geezer AKA Eddie "C"
Pete Conklin

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 5:26 pm    

To make a donation via paypal follow the link

http://steelguitarforum.com/

Thanks b0b!!

Last edited by Pete Conklin on 8 Nov 2010 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Eddie Cunningham

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 5:33 pm     Address down below

I made out my check to "b0b Lee and the address is right down at the bottom of every page !! Sent to b0b , SGF , Cloverdale , Ca !!! old geeze
Tommy Gibbons

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 5:40 pm     Sounds good to me!!!

My donation is on the way!!!

TommyG in Tennessee

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 5:44 pm    

Donation on the way.
Many Thanks!!!!!!!
Storm Rosson

Silver City, NM. USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 6:17 pm    

Razz I have liver disease also B0b, but quitting drinking C2H5OH is most likely the smartest, if not the only smart thing I've ever accomplished Winking So go ahead and take the stinking $ we don need that stuff no how eh B0b?.... Mr. Green
Bernie Gonyea

Sherman Tx. 75092 ,U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 6:19 pm     Maintenance On The steel guitar Forum

[/b] Whoa! Rolling Eyes Laughing Very Happy

I am with The Old Geezer, Eddie the man, Cunningham; in ref to giving a donation to our friend whom heads up " The Steel Guitar Forum ". Mine is in the mail. I am certain b0b can find a good use of any donations sent his way. Thanks for a grand job, B0b.. I love to hear you on those clips..Cheers..Bernie Whoa! Whoa! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 7:40 pm    

Ah. Liver disease. Been there, done that.
I joined the Forum way back when it was free. Maybe I oughta get caught up in this new century.

upstate New York, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 7:55 pm    

bOb -- There's an herbal remedy called Milk Thistle -- you can buy the standardized potency capsules at any health food store -- and there is a lot of hard scientific evidence, complete with double-blind controlled experiments -- that it really does restore liver tissue and improve liver function in objectively measurable ways. It has been used a lot in the last couple of decades, more in Europe than America, for hepatitis patients, cirrhosis patients, and people who have been poisoned in a way that caused liver damage. Not hippie BS, not new age nonsense -- actually worth checking out. Google it. No side effects at all. No contraindications that I know about. Not that expensive. Take it for a month or two and the results are quite noticeable.
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Storm Rosson

Silver City, NM. USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 8:49 pm    

Smile Milk thistle extract is primarily aimed at Hep, so we would have to know what type of dysfunction B0b is living with. I have Hep C...genome type 1a...the worst of'em....meh oh well it isn't decompensated ,causes no real symptoms, and so far all hepatic function tests are within normal range...so it ain't botheren me so far (Thank ye Lord)...BUT although Milk thistle has not really established any empirical data as to it's efficacy,.....it can't hurt.....I take it. I also take NAC...(N-acetyl cysteine) it is used in the med community esp at the ER to treat tylenol overdose as it flushes the liver very quickly and works the same way on many other drugs....Stormy Cool
Jack Francis

Queen Creek, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 9:39 am    

b0b...should be enuff there for a burger at that place in town there...wish I could join ya!! Oh Well
FENDER TWIN & SEYMOUR DUNCAN 50W tube amps...1-12" 2-12" & 4-12" cabs and a FENDER MUSTANG-3
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 10:16 am    

Yeah, I have hepatitis C. Naringen (found in grapefruit) strengthens the walls of liver cells to keep the virus from spreading. I order it through the mail because very few stores carry it. Also, I eat a grapefruit every day or drink a glass of grapefruit juice.

Pittman & Davis sends out delicious grapefruits from Texas when they're in season. I have a standing subscription with them for a fresh box every month. They're bigger and better tasting than the fruit that's available locally.

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 10:36 am    

Of course they're bigger...they're from TEXAS!