| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dean Dobbins Memorial Jam Pekin, Il Nov 21, 2010
Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2010 8:43 am    

We will be holding the "Dean Dobbins Memorial Jam Session" on Sun Nov 21, 2010 at the North Pekin Amvets Post 169. The address of the Amvets is 660 Radio City Drive North Pekin, Il 61554. All musicians and friends of Dean are invited to come and enjoy a day of live music and fellowship. The jam will be from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm. There will be NO COVER CHARGE. This is a FREE SHOW so let's all get together and dedicate the day to Dean. We are sure he would love this.

The CISGA staff band will be there so bring your instruments and plan on doing some pickin!

For further information you can visit the following link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CISGA/126054692448?v=app_2373072738#!/event.php?eid=125087280880840&index=1

You can also mail me at mounce@hotmail.com
Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2010 12:10 pm     Great Response

We have had many players notify us they will be attending the jam. We really appreciate the support and hope everyone can make it!!
Tom Pickett Jr

blue grass ia
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2010 8:23 pm     dean's day

rich you know dean would be the first one to sign up for something like this so count the picketts in.
anything we can do let us know. we're rounding up the troops and bringin' down. now i just have to find the right mug to bring. Shocked
Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 1:10 pm     You Betcha

Tommy....UR so right...Dino would have been the first one to say "count me in". Great to hear you guys are going to be able to make it. Will be a fun day. Look forward to seeing you guys!!
Dale Thomas

West Branch, IA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2010 10:43 pm     Dino

What a memorable fellow Dean was. I'll come and play a Ray Price tune in his honor. Dale Thomas
Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 12:04 pm     Sounds Great!

Dale...That is great...Thanks for the support and look forward to seeing you Sun. Hope everyone can make it for a great afternoon of live music for a great cause!!
Tom Pickett Jr

blue grass ia
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2010 8:39 pm     dino

its tuff just getting thru life, ballancing, bills,
pleasing the wife and kids, and if there's time maybe your hobby. i know dean gave he's all to the steel guitar world. to drive back and forth across the country trying to support as many shows as time and money would alowe. he also brought to my attention great songs i would have never otherwise have heard if it werent for him. we will be playing some of these this sunday. please people even if you cant make it, pass the word around at work or whereever. and lets jam for deano i know he'll be listening. Rolling Eyes
Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2010 5:32 pm     Thanks Tommy!!

Tommy I couldn't have said it better myself...Thanks my Friend and see you Sun!!

Rich Mounce
Chuck Thompson

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2010 8:36 am    

I had a great time Sunday at Dean's Memorial Jam.
It was great to see my friends the Pickett Boys, Dale Thomas, Chuck S., Tim & Kara Harr and Bob Watson again. It was nice to meet Jay Thompson, Tim Willis and others.

Everyone played great and I can tell everyone had a good time. It was a pleasure to hear and honor to be a part of.

Kudos to Rich and friends for putting it on and No Doubt our friend Dean would be happy and honored.
Rich Mounce

Dunfermline, Il
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2010 10:55 am     Thanks To All

Thanks to everyone who made it to Pekin on Sun for the "Dean Dobbins Memorial Jam". We had a great day of music and friendship.
Dale Thomas

West Branch, IA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2010 10:09 pm     Dean Dobbins

It was great fun. My thanks to Rich Mounce, Chuck Thompson, Chrissy and all for your hospitality. I also appreciated the chance to give my old Franklin a bit of a workout. I wish I could have stayed longer but Carol and I had to get on to Urbana. I was honored to greet Mrs. Dobbins on that beautiful Sunday afternoon.
PS. You did good TP.
Tom Pickett Jr

blue grass ia
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2010 11:29 pm     day for deano

i dido everyone, i only wished 500 people could have been there personally, i know they were in spirt,
dean has touched a lot of people all across this land
and it was an honor to have him as a friend. thanks for the invite rich, and thanks for puttin' up with me. Mr. Dewitt thanks for coming. my ears were so full dad and i road home with the radio off.
always nervous sittin' next to the boss. Shocked