| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My explanation/apology!
Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 1:24 pm    

Bobby Lee was very thoughtful to send me an email and ask if I saw the thread in which he and many of you wished me happy birthday last December 12th.

Unfortunately I was not aware of this thread, therefore I did not respond.(and I had the flu at the time) Bobby Lee was also kind enough to send me the link so I could read each post, and I thank all of you for your well wishes, which are very meaningful to me.

My father told me something relative to age I have never forgotten. He said we should be happy and enjoy our age no matter how old we are because those who are younger think we're old, and those who are older think we're young....so we are always in the middle".

Thanks again to each of you and please forgive this belated and most sincere explanation/apology.
Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 1:33 pm    

To the "Dallas Flash":

Don't give us this garbage, tell the truth: "You just don't want to admit you're a year older, right?"

Well, guess what, Father Time knows the truth, and, yep you guessed it, 'TIME TRAVELS ON, AND YOU'RE GONNA' GO WITH IT'.

But Reece, think about it, that beats the heck out of the alternative.

fred and pat shannon

------------------
The spirit be with you!
If it aint got a steel, it aint real

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 2:18 pm    

Wow...."Dallas Flash", now THAT brings back some memories. Did you know the only other person to ever call me that was also named Maurice....do you know his show name? Knowing you, you probably know, but maybe some would care to guess who that famous man was.
HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 4:19 pm    

Maurice Chevalier?

I guess not.....

Nevertheless, when asked for the one one piece of advice he'd give, said "Start well and end well. The middle will take care of itself."

I didn't see the thread either but I wish you a happy and healthy belated birthday.

[This message was edited by HowardR on 19 January 2004 at 04:20 PM.]

Gary Walker

Morro Bay, CA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 4:48 pm    

Reece, I think it was one of the powers-to-be at Warner Brothers cartoon division. He said when he came on board, it was run by a bunch of old 40 year olds. At his age 50+ years later, he said the studio was run by a bunch of young 40 year olds. My, how our perception changes with time. In my 20s, a woman in her 40s would be old. Now, my wife in her 40s is a gorgeous young chick.
Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 5:16 pm    

Reece,,,you betcha' I know...None other than a gentleman and I mean "gentleman" named Maurice "Tex" Ritter.

Why don't you tell them the story about Fort Polk Louisiana and your meeting him after you went into the army? LOL...Told you I knew.

fred and pat

------------------
The spirit be with you!
If it aint got a steel, it aint real

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 6:25 am    

Fred S....Once again you're right. My friend Tex Ritter was also named Maurice. Since he was referred to as Tex, and most refer to me as Reece....does that tell us anything....hmmm!

As you also know, my complete autobiography is being written and will tell the "Tex" story you refer to, along with many many more and will be available in the not too distant future.
Perry Hansen

Bismarck, N.D.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 8:42 am    

Reece. I also have some fantastic memories of Tex. What a wonderful person.
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 8:53 am    

Happy belated birthday, Reece.

Sorry about your luck with those Cowboys. Now, even with the great Bill Parcells at the helm, my beloved Redskins--the real "America's Team"-- are about to re-emerge in the NFC East under Joe Gibbs.

I'm sure we can chat about this next Labor Day Weekend in St. Louis.

------------------
HagFan

[This message was edited by Ron Page on 20 January 2004 at 08:54 AM.]

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 9:00 am    

Perry H....You are absolutely right, Tex was an exceptional person, and one who had a beautiful family and wonderful life.

His son, John Ritters death was a tragedy, and I understand the same cause of death as Tex. I would have thought that would have been a genetic warning sign to be heeded.

I remember playing with John and carrying him around on my back when I was about 19 years old. He was a delightful child.
Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 9:08 am    

Ron P....Thank you for the well wishes. Both Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs are proven winners so we can both look forward to the continued Cowboys and Indians rivalry for years to come....Remember Clint Longley's pass on the Thanksgiving Day game? I certainly remember John Riggins, Sonny Jergensen and others and how they put it to the Cowboys.
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 10:17 am    

Reece,

Lots of storied history in the NFC East. I thing the Skins will back to being part of it in a year or two. I've been a fan since the LA Rams fired George Allen and he went to Washington.

Ron

------------------
HagFan