| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitars of Canada My Trip
Mark S. Miller

Depew, NY, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2010 8:12 am    

Hey all, I've just spent the day at 'Al Brisco Steel Guitar Store/Showroom' also his work place, and boy was it worth the trip. My friend Ed needed some work done on his Carter so I tagged along. We picked up Joey Ace on the way. Lets see, left my house at 4:30 am and got home at about 11:30 pm. You should all do trips like this; it is good for the steel soul. When I walked through the door of his showroom, it was so nice to see a floor full of Steel Guitars all ready to be tested. Picks, bars, cords, running to amps from every Guitar.. WOW. Let me get this right; at least 8 New Carter's, D/10, SD/10, S/10, Formica and lacquer finishes, just beautiful. He had a Sho/Pro, 2 Mullen's, and even a G/2, and several new G F I s. There was even more than I mentioned. If I did not have the new Emnons I got about 6 weeks ago, I might have come home with that beautiful burgundy Carter or that blue G F I or that Mullen G 2 YA I am married. The place was just full of Steel C D's, instructional material, amps, lap steels, dobro's, and all related accessories. If there is anything you are looking for, New or Old they just might have it. It's hard to believe they even know what they have. Al has a new 2010 catalog just finished of everything he has. You should e-mail or call them, and I'm sure they will send you a copy. Hey put it on your wife's night stand Xmas is coming. One more thing; Al and Joey were watching a new DVD they just finished called, 'Care and feeding of your Pedal Steel Guitar'. Although I only saw parts of it, there were things I never knew or just forgot about. I know the first batch is on it's way to Al and with what I saw of it I would highly recommend it. I believe it is selling for $25.00. What a small price to pay just to have it around to remind you now and then of everything you need to remember about this crazy instrument. Again Ed, Joey, Al, Eric, and Janice Thanks for a great day. Mark
Shawn Brown

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2010 9:04 am    

Al's great! I dropped in with my Fessenden a while back because a few of the bell crank cross shafts were sticking, and he took the time to grind the ends down a little and put it all back together; and for very little cost. It's played great ever since.

He's a great resource to us up here.

Props also to steel guitar builder Mac Knowles in Carleton Place, Ontario who has shown me a lot too.
Bruce Deamude

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2010 1:15 pm    

I've known Al for five years now and over that time purchased two amps, a new Carter and other steel related odds & sods. He will never steer you wrong, I can vouch for that and as Shawn said, we are sure fortunate to have such a resource here in Ontario.
Bruce Deamude
Georgetown, ON
Ryan Barwin

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2010 2:32 pm    

Sounds like a great day.

Al is great...I purchased a guitar from him last year, and I've been up there a few times since. Also went to his steel guitar jam during the summer. He's got a very cool shop, and he's always been really helpful, supportive, and happy to show me stuff and share his steel guitar knowledge. It's awesome to have a resource like that around here. I've known Joey for a while too, and he's great as well.

I've heard about the DVD...Al definitely knows what he's doing with steel guitar maintenance, so it's definitely worth getting. Al and Joey also did a Ralph Mooney style DVD that's pretty cool.

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2010 3:03 pm    

Al serves a great need for steel guitar stores here in Ontario. It's gotta be the hugest all-steel store in Ontario. Together with Joey they are a fine team. Al has the know-how like nobody else.
John Cadeau

Surrey,B.C. Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2010 7:32 pm     Steel Guitars of Canada my Trip

Al provides a great service to steel players all across Canada. When I need something I get it through Al. I've been to his place and was very impressed. When I visited I had my wife with me. She was very nervous, but I held back and did not buy a new steel. Whenever someone out here asks about the need for steel guitars, or steel guitar accessories my response is Steel Guitars of Canada.
John