| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fessy S12U and Vibrasonic head stolen
David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 2:14 pm    

Yesterday when I came home from work my house had been broken into. The main things they took were my blue mica Fessy S12U 6&5 (didn't take the case), Fender Custom Vibrasonic amp head, PODXT, Behringer 4 track mixer, and Sony headphones. They also took a double bullet bar and the set of National finger picks I have used for 25 years.

I'm sure they have no idea what they have. There are no pedal steels in any music stores or pawn shops within 100 miles of here. And I know everyone in town who plays one, and they will probably read this. So what are they going to do with it? Learn to play it?! Ha!! When they realize they have something of no value to them or anyone they know, it will probably end up rusting in someones basement, or in a dumpster somewhere. They also took my gig bag with chords and a Hilton pedal and a bottle of wine. But they dumped it and my DVD/CD player in the backyard - too much to carry I guess. They didn't take a speaker, so the Vibrasonic head won't even play for them. This stuff is essentially worthless to them, but of course it was the most valuable stuff in the house for me. They passed up lots of other instruments in and out of cases to take the rig I use the most. Fate was not smiling on me.

I'm too busy now to cry about it. I spent last night and most of today tuning up my little-used Emmons p/p S12 ext. E9 so I can play a gig tonight. My thumb has gotten retrained on the uni, so I'll be hitting a lot of inadvertent 7th chords all night. This ain't a great way to end the year. On the other hand, the old p/p is sounding mighty sweet.
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 2:17 pm    

Terrible news, David! I'll certainly keep my eyes and ears open for it...
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 2:33 pm    

!!!!!!!
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2003 5:21 pm    

David
Do you have serial #'s
I've have some Friends in 3 Pawn Shops in The Norfolk, VA Area and I'll Alert them if you send me an email with the items listed with Serial #'s.

Might be a good Idea to alert The Pawn Shops in The Wilmington DE. area too and to the North of you as well.

No doubt they will atempt to convert those items to cash.

[This message was edited by John Floyd on 31 December 2003 at 05:24 PM.]

David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 1:04 am    

I'll make up a flyer with descriptions and serial nos. and take it around to the local music stores and pawn shops. These guys seemed to be amateur and local. I think they took it because it looked expensive to them, and they were to stupid to realize that they have no way to connect with the specialized people who actually have a need for it and would pay good money for it. It's hard to imagine them going out of town with this stuff. The worst case is that when they realize nobody will buy it 'cause nobody around here can play it, it'll just end up rusting in somebody's basement or tossed in a dumpster. If it doesn't turn up, in due time I will file an insurance claim - but there is a hefty deductible. The Fessy is worth the most of the items taken, but that Vibrasonic head was really unique, possibly one of a kind (most Vibrasonics were combos). It's got a big grill on the front (like a Dual Showman Reverb head), and looks like a small combo amp (some regular guitar players have actually put a couple of 10s in those Duals). These thieves probably didn't even realize it doesn't have speakers in it and wont play by itself. It'll be a real shame if that thing is just tossed and taken out of circulation forever.
Chippy Wood

Elgin, Scotland
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 2:49 am    

Hope things turn out ok for you David, can't think of anything worse.
Colm Chomicky

Kansas, (Prairie Village)
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 5:38 pm    

Do you have a website you can post your information? The ideal website would be one that the search engines such as Google can already find. In theory, all somebody needs to do is then type the serial number into a search engine and it will come up stolen. Maybe someone knows if there is an internet clearinghouse to list serial numbers of stolen articles?
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 6:16 pm    

Mugwumps is one of many Internet lists. I don't know of one definitive list.
Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 7:55 pm    

I am sorry to hear this Dave... If there is anything I can do to help let me know.
Rick McDuffie

Benson, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2004 8:24 pm    

David,

Call every music store and pawn shop in town- give them a description and serial no.

We had a Les Paul taken from our music shop a few years ago. We called all the stores in Raleigh, and within 2-3 hours these kids walked into another store and tried to sell the guitar. We had given them the serial no., and it matched... so while one of the employees "dickered" with the thieves over the price, another one called the police. Within a few minutes, the police arrived and the thieves had to "assume the position" at the front sales counter. It was great!

I'm just saying that I never had any real hope of recovering that guitar, but I did what I could and it paid off. I hope this will have a happy ending for you. Keep us posted.

Their market is certainly very limited. Watch eBay!

------------------
Rick McDuffie

[This message was edited by Rick McDuffie on 01 January 2004 at 08:26 PM.]