| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1974 MSA Classic D-10 (8+3) Rosewood Mica - [SOLD]
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2010 6:09 am    

This 1974 MSA Classic is in very good to excellent condition and is ready to play. The case has few dings but is still very usable. Price is $1,195.00 plus half of the shipping cost via FedEx Ground. PayPal is fine.

I added the 3rd knee lever (LKL) and replaced the original cheap tuners (black plastic base) with new nickel Grovers. The pedals are a standard Emmons set-up. LKL raises strings 4&8 a half step and RKL lowers them a half step (sho-bud set-up). RKR lowers string 2 and 9. RKL also lowers the 3rd string on the C6th neck a half step from C to B. Pickups are original MSA single coils and have a brighter tone than the later MSA pickups. I removed the volume and tone controls and wired the pickups directly to a new selector switch. I have additional pictures if there is something else you'd like to see and am happy to answer questions. Thanks, Chuck

Last edited by Chuck Martin on 23 Sep 2010 8:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Duane Reese

Post  Posted 18 Sep 2010 9:40 pm    

In my experience, Old MSA steels are the most bang for the buck, period. People who haven't owned one would never believe how well-built they are...better than many instruments costing more than twice as much.
D.C. Williams

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2010 10:40 pm     +1 for Chuck

I bought a different MSA Classic from Chuck earlier this year and got a spectacular guitar, packed extremely well and delivered without a hitch, all for a great price. High praise all around for Chuck and his MSAs.
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 5:48 pm    

Thanks for the kind words D.C.. Sounds like you've been enjoying your MSA. Duane, I also want to thank you for your comments as well. I've worked on a lot of MSAs over the years. My avatar, which keeps me forever young, is taken from a 1984 photo in which I'm playing a single neck MSA Classic SS which I later traded to Reece Anderson in a deal for an MSA D-10.

Last edited by Chuck Martin on 21 Sep 2010 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Parker

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 6:19 pm    

Email sent.

Jim
Very Happy
Ryan Orr

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 9:36 pm     Trade with cash

Would you be interested in a trade with some cash. I have a brand NEW Gretch Electromatic guitar. This is in black with hard shell case. It is new it still has the foam under the bridge. And still has the tags on it. I'm asking 600.00 for it I could ad cash with this to make up the diff.
Thanks
Ryan
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2010 8:47 am    

b0b, please close, the MSA is sold to Jim. A donation will be made through PayPal. Thanks, Chuck