| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Obscure parts needed
Gary Patterson

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2010 10:44 am    

Lynn from OR encouraged me to post this and see what I can come up with.

I recently acquired an old Miller student model S10 having 3 + 1. I want to add 3 more KLs, and would like to maintain a similar if not duplicate mechanical design.

I need bell cranks, shaft collars and shaft support bearings. Ideally, these would be old Miller parts from your junk drawer, but that seems like a long shot.

Bell cranks & bearings must fit 5/16" round shafts. Shaft collars need to be 5/16" OD in order to clear adjacent changer fingers. The pic shows actual Miller parts. Anything I can't buy, I'll fabricate from Al bar stock, but I'd rather buy for a suitable price, especially actual Miller parts.

While you're at it, I neeed two more levers. Lynn sold me one on ebay.
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2010 2:00 am    

I just might have a knee lever. At least it sure looks a lot like the ones in the picture. It came off a Zum I bought and was definitely not original to that guitar. I'll try and email pictures of it to you today. However, I am leaving for the steel convention later today and time might not be on my side to get those pics taken and sent. I'll do my best though.

Added this a few minutes later: I looked much more closely at the pics of those knee levers and I'm thinking that what I have isn't the same. Yours appear to be thicker and the end that connects to the rod or bellcrank is definitely larger. The one I have next to me here has the same bent curvature but the bellcrack end is the same width and thickness as the shaft and there is a allen-head adjustment screw in it.
Gary Patterson

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2010 3:49 am    

I'd be interested in your lever. I have little hope of finding three actual matching levers, so I'll settle for what works. If yours can work on a 5/16 shaft, I'd like to see it.

Wish I was going to St. Louis, but I have other commitments. I'm not in a hurry. Enjoy.
Gary Patterson

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 6:54 am    

One more time to page one, before I start making my own. Eric, I'd still be interested in your lever. Can you send or post a pic?
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 2:52 pm    

Sorry about not replying. After my first post I didn't think you would still be interested so I haven't looked at this WTB item since then.

Sure, I can get you a picture. Actually, the knee lever is at my office. I'll bring it home tomorrow, take a few pics of it and get them to you.