| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Thanks from the Dodds
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Thanks from the Dodds
Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 2:03 pm    

I too want to thank Scotty, Mary, and all the family and friends involved with putting on the biggest steel guitar gathering in the world. Donna and I had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everyone and having the opportunity to visit and "catch up" with all our steel family.

My sincere thanks to Roy Rosetta, Paul Polish, Ric Boyer, and Roger Miller for their support on the bandstand during my set. They're all great players and make you feel very comfortable on the stage when you are with them. And, I don't want to forget my bud Johnny Thomas (from Gainesville, Ga.) for his excellent lead guitar pickin' on my set too.

Now, I gotta go take a nap. I'm still trying to catch up on lost sleep...... Too much fun!
Roger Miller

Cedar Falls, Ia.
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 3:47 pm    

Tommy, What a player, and you look good in cheap clothing, as I also do. When you had "Dance with me" I thought it was the George Strait, then you counted it out and I though, HOLY Crap, hang on. That was a great way to play that song.
I want to say that Johnny had a extremely difficult guitar solo, and ending and played it flawlessly. What a player he is. Great Job Tommy and hope to pick with you again someday.