| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Julian Tharpe cd From Dallas 1975/Jack Logan's Son's Info
Dave A. Burley

Franklin, In. USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2010 4:01 pm    

I have tried to explain the best that I can that the Curly Chalker/Julian Tharpe cd was recorded live in 1976 in Dallas, Texas at Dewey's Longhorn Ballroom. The master tapes were taken to Jack Logan's studio in Nashville, Tenn. where we mixed the jam session portion of the concert only. The rest of the six hours of tape were not mixed in the studio. Jack kept the tape's for safekeeping. When Johnny Gore and I decided to go in the studio and mix the rest of the tapes, Jack had passed away. Johnny lived in Nashville and tried but never could find Jack's family so we could get the tapes. If anyone knows the whereabouts of Jack Logan's son, please let me know. I don't know if the tapes are still around or not.
I will explain once again that these cd's are good but as you listen to them you will be hearing them just as if you were there in person, all the background talking and so on. Personally, I like it that way.
Three cd's from 76....Jimmy Bryant/Buddy Emmons....It's The First Time....and Curly Chalker/Julian Tharpe.
All cd's are $17.00 which includes shipping. Add $2.00 for shipping out of the 48 states.
Ordering info; Dave Burley, P.O. Box 211, Franklin, Indiana 46131 ........