| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Butterscotch Birdseye Maple Tele VZ Custom <<SOLD>&
Bud Veazey

Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 6:49 pm    

Another VZ Custom sold thanks to the Steel Guitar Forum. Thanks!!

One-of-a-kind VZ Custom Tele with a birdseye maple top and back with a basswood center. The finish color is butterscotch. The neck is rock maple. This guitar was built in March and has been in my inventory for a while, so I'm listing it as "used." Although it has been played on a few occasions by me and others, it is in like-new condition.
$635 or make an offer. Includes padded gig bag. Hard shell Tweed case available for $69. Shipping $30 to lower 48 states only.

The pickups are from Fender and are wired with S-1 switching. The S-1 switching is Fender’s version of the “Merle Haggard Mod.” The mod usually is accomplished by using a 4-way pickup selector switch, with the fourth position connecting the bridge and neck pickup in “series” resulting in a richer humbucker-like tone. In the S-1 system this “in-series” connection is accomplished by putting the 3-way selector switch in the middle position and pressing the button located on the volume knob. The tone difference between the normal parallel connection series connection is dramatic. Wired in series, the two single-coil pickups become a big humbucker.

This is a unique guitar. Every guitar I build is one of a kind. I've been told by players that I respect that a VZ Custom guitar is as good as or better than any $1000+ factory-built guitar. If you’re looking for a unique Tele style guitar at a reasonable price, you won’t be disappointed with this one. If you don’t like my price, make me an offer.

This guitar is equipped with a Joe Barden three-saddle compensated bridge. The heavier bridge plate and the brass saddles accentuate tone and sustain. This bridge also features a notch on the treble side so that a player who picks closer to the saddles doesn’t whack his/her pick against the side of the bridge. The three compensated saddles make intonation a breeze.

I stand behind my work. If you feel the guitar doesn't live up to my description, we'll work out a return or repair. Just remember, buyer's remorse or "my wife won't let me keep it" are not legitimate reasons for returns.

If you live in the Atlanta area, contact me and we can set up an appointment to check out the guitar in person in my shop.

Last edited by Bud Veazey on 15 Aug 2010 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2010 3:26 pm    

This beautiful custom built Tele is still available. Make me an offer.
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2010 5:02 am     You Said,, Make me an offer..........

Bud: If you'll accept $650 with a tweed case and shipping, I'll take it. Tommy...........
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 15 Aug 2010 3:46 pm    

Done Deal. Thanks, Tommy.