| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Followup - Rocky Mnt Steel Guitar Show in Denver - w/pics
Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2010 2:54 pm    

WOW! --- That was a lot of fun.
Thanks so much to Dick Meis and all those that made this wonderful day possible.
I wasn’t able to stay the whole day – here are some pics of those who performed before I had to go.
I had a blast playing – I was pretty clumsy at first, then I got more comfortable and about the time I was warmed up my half hour was up. People expressed that they really enjoyed my version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and I sold a few CDs, so that felt good.

Marc
www.PedalSteelGuitarMusic.com

Below are 15 pics – hopefully in the order that I intend them to be in.

Country Ol’ Timers - 2 pics
Chris Kennison of Book em Danno – 1 pic
Dic Meis – 2 pics
Dick & his wife Lois Lane – 1 pic
DeWitt (Scotty) Scott – 1 pic
Chuck Lettes – 2 pics
Ernie Martinez with Dick Meis – 1 pic
Daniel Jones – 1 pic
Yours truly – 2 pics
Curt Shoemaker with Dick Meis – 1 pic
Del Mullen – 1 pic (many folks played his brand of guitars during the show)

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2010 4:50 pm     Mullen

LOOKS LIKE MULLEN GUITARS WAS WELL REPRESENTED.
THATS GREAT, WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE Larry Baker
Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2010 5:34 pm    

Great pictures Marc, with the exception of maybe one. LOL Seriously, I would like to thank the Rocky Mountain Steel Guitar Club for inviting me, and to Dick & Lois Meis for their hard work. Thanks to Butch Hause, Ron Kline, and Dick for a great job backing me on my set along with Red Kilby's exceptional vocals. Bottom Line---"A Great Show"
Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2010 10:41 pm    

Marc, Thanks for posting the pictures. I couldn't be there in person, but I sure was happy to see that someone posted the event. Looks like Ernie Martinez is graying up a little, Ha Ha. (He's still younger than me.) Wish I could have heard him play! Thanks again Sir! Job well done!!

Colorado
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2010 6:21 am    

Marc, thanks for the pics! It was a great show this year. More people I think. Everyone I heard played great. Thanks Dick! and the Rocky Mtn. Steel Club, and everyone who played on stage.

Until next year! - I think this show will just keep growing. - Chris
www.rhythmcatsshow.com
www.seldomfed.com
Carl Morris

Boulder, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2010 9:24 am    

I was able to catch a couple of hours in the late afternoon and by happy coincidence my dad was in town and I was able to bring him. Lots of interesting stuff, but my favorite was Ernie. He played exactly the style of music my dad and I like to play together and did an extremely good job at it. I hope to catch a full evening of him playing out sometime.
Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2010 3:19 pm    

I have to agree. Ernie Martinez is a Steel Monster flying under the radar. I released my CD (Swing Me A Song)with him playing on it, and a lot of good players that have never heard him ask who is playing on it. and when I tell them, they say they've never heard of him. I can tell by the way they ask, that they dig his playing. Keep up the good work Ernie!

Springview, Nebraska USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2010 5:32 pm    

Many thanks to Dick and Lois Meis and the Rocky Mountain Steel Guitar Club for making me welcome at this show! What an honor to be able to sing in front of so many great steel guitar players. Thanks to all the musicians, and a special thank you to Red Kilby for sharing the spotlight with me!!! I had a great time at a super show!

Thanks again,
Lorraine Worth Smile

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 8:45 am     What a Great Time in Denver.

What a great time at the the Denver Steel Show, I would like to thank the steel players that asked me to sing with them on there sets it was fun, Scotty, John Arnold, Curt Shoemaker, and Bob Case.

I would also like to send out a very special thanks to the band, WOW! what a great bunch of guys and gals.

Dick and Lois Meis, what can I say you did it again, this was a GREAT SHOW, and too all you folks that missed this one, all I can say is WISH YOU WERE THERE!, and Hope you can make it next year. This is one to put on your calender.

Also can you say MULLEN?? If you like Mullen Steel Guitars, they were very well represented at this show, and sounded AWESOME<<<.

As far as the end of the show goes, it was a BLAST!!! It was GREAT singing with not 1 but 6 steel players on stage, what a great time!!! Very Happy This was the lineup of steel players across that stage, Del Mullen, Curt Shoemaker, George Sypert, Kent Davis, Bob Case, and Dick Meis.
And a BIG thanks to Lorraine Worth for helping me with the singing chores during the final set, if you ever see this very pretty lady at a steel show, make sure and ask her to sing a song with you, she is pretty darned good. Very Happy

Hope to see you all in St. Louis in a month, I will be helping out the Mullen Gang, and at the Mullen booth on the inside of the Ballroom. Drop by and say Hi while you are there.