| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tommy Saregant-beryl Harrell
Don Triolo

Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2010 5:34 am    

HELLO ALL..JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE REMEMBERS THE "TWIN STEELS" ON TOWN HALL PARTY IN THE 50'S WITH TOMMY AND BERYL...WHAT A SHAME THAT SOME OF THOSE SOLOS WERE NOT RECORDED! IS TOMMY STILL LIVING? ALSO TO JERRY HAYES..THANKS FOR YOUR POST RE: CARL CODY AND BERYL HARRELL..THEIR DUOS WERE KILLER FOR THE TIME!
DON TRIOLO
Mitch Drumm

Frostbite Falls, hard by Veronica Lake
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2010 6:37 am    

Don:

I'd love to hear any of Beryl's recordings, with Sargent or not. Tommy would be in his mid 80s at least if alive, so I doubt he is with us.

A little Googling says that a Don Triolo is Beryl's son, so I guess that is you.

Can you post full size images of your mom? I found a few online at hillbilly-music.com, but they are quite small and show little detail.

What details can you provide about Beryl Harrell recordings? Can you post any examples?
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2010 11:03 am    

Mitch, Don has generously offered recordings and ephemera of his Mom's career to all that are smart enuf to accept, and from the description he e'd me it's a small goldmine of top shelf steel in both Hawaiian and country. http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=187640 E him for details.

I wish Tommy were still around to tell us about those WW2 era day's in LA, teaching the like's of Joaquin Murphey at Ernie ball's music store, and who knows what else?!