| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marty is a CLASS act
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2010 9:32 pm    

Marty Sturet is a class act for keeping the spotlight on the legends and greats that MADE country music.Tonight he honored the REAL Queen of country,Miss Kitty Wells,Also he has had the greats such as Little Jimmy,Ray Price,etc on his show.Thanks Marty Exclamation You and your guys are without a doubt the BEST on tv today. Very Happy YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2010 10:08 pm    

Thanks Charles! I will pass this along to Marty. I got to watch the show tonight too before heading down to play a gig at the Wildhorse. Nobody knew Kitty was going to sing, but by the time she finished "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels", there probably wasn't a dry eye on the set. That was very special moment. That's why I love being a part of Marty's band; he understands where it came from and he wants to keep it on the tracks so it will never go away.
Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2010 11:40 pm    

I'll second that. It is easy to feel that Marty (and the band) enjoys doing what he does so much. He's honest and loves all traditional styles of Country Music...plus he's an expert musician, as are his fellow musicians. It is pure delight to watch them!

Kind Regards, Walter

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 6:10 am    

Yes Paul, I had tears in my eyes too, because I was watching Kitty as Connie was singing and I saw Kitty begin to mouth the words to the song and then kind of singing to herself. Then it seemed that she could no longer contain herself and was singing right along with Connie. Then, being the true professional Connie is, she simply put the mic up to Kitty where we could all hear her and Kitty ended the song in Kitty style. Priceless, absolutely priceless!!
My hats off to you guys and my heart thanks you so very much.
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 6:18 am    

Quote:
Nobody knew Kitty was going to sing, but by the time she finished "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels", there probably wasn't a dry eye on the set.

No dry eyes where I live either. Best show on television, all things considered.
Bill Mayville

Las Vegas Nevada * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 12:42 pm     mr. Marty

I have never Been a fan of Marty's.No reason for that.
But I am now.The show yesterday felt very genuine.
I'll be watching from now on.Won't let the sparkels bother me.

Bill
Mickey Lawson

Cleveland, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 7:25 pm    

Now, if only Marty Stuart could sing or complete a musical phrase.....
Paul Martin

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 7:31 pm    

That's funny Bill! Don't let them sparkles worry you. Marty grew up watching the Porter Wagoner show, Buck Owens. He just fell in love with that look because he felt that those older artists was giving the audience something unique to look at, instead of somebody in a dirty old T-shirt and ripped up jeans. I can assure you he takes every aspect of country music very seriously. So stick with us and I'll bet you won't be disappointed. If the clothing helps bring back traditional country music, then I don't think any of us on this forum would have any problems with that.
Bruce Meyer

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 8:17 pm    

Paul. Was at the Late Night Jam Wednesday. Another fantastic 4 hours. What could be better, Ralph Mooney, Gene Watson, your sons, Keith and Vince, etc. etc. The band did a super job, especially for such a long night. Thanks again.
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 9:58 pm    

Bill ,The SPARKLE IS country. Very Happy Mickey.[Now if Marty could sing or complete a musical phrase] Question Don't understand this statement Shocked Whoa! YOU BETCHA, DYK?BC.

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 3:17 am    

What's good about it for me is that the band gets to show their stuff by doing so much different material. Reminds me of the Wilburn Gro, Porter, etc... shows. Most bands nowdays only need to know a couple dozen songs at most, at any one time, and everything is so overproduced that it loses something. Marty's band is top notch. It probably doesn't hurt that Marty cut his teeth as a side man himself, and is such an excellent musician.

Paul - I wish you'd get Jerry and Tammy Sullivan on there sometime. I know Marty is close with them.

BABA - How's Thomas Kat doing these days? See my new website for a front page picture of Truman doing his new hobby.

www.rickcampbellworld.com
Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 5:10 am    

I really enjoy watching Marty's
show. The smiles and talent are
genuine. Thanks to RFD for having
the foresight to have this type
of programing.
Paul, we are all glad you are here
on the SGF too.

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 6:11 am    

Quote:
Now, if only Marty Stuart could sing or complete a musical phrase.....

Question Question
Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 6:25 am    

Yeah, what Barry said. Whoa!
DennyFast

Springfield, Tn. USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 7:11 am     Marty's show

I wouldn't miss Marty's show for anything, It's the best Country show on RFD-TV! That's the way traditional country music is supposed to sound! The musicanship and vocals are the best, I love Marty's guitar pickin', and the way he bends those stings can't be beat! Everyone on the show are 1st class, and does my heart good to listen to the best.I hope it stay's on forever!!!!!!!!!! Denny
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 8:23 am    

Marty and The Superlatives have outstanding vocals. Tops in the field. Musicianship also.
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 9:03 am    

Still trying to figure out Micky's statement. Help me out here. Very Happy YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 10:46 am    

Mickey, where art thou? Confused
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 10:52 am    

I'm thinking it was a tongue in cheek statement..Otherwise I'd say tongue in Butt.
Chip Fossa

Monson, MA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 12:03 pm    

Here's some real respect; especially for Kitty Wells and Canadian yodeler, Wilf Carter.

"I used To Be A Country Singer" by Gordon Lightfoot/written by Steve McEown.

http://picosong.com/RY3
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 1:14 pm    

Quote:
I'm thinking it was a tongue in cheek statement..

The more I think about it, I'm inclined to agree - the humor of it went right over our heads. Well, my head anyway ... Muttering
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 9:11 pm    

Really HOPE so. Smile YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 9:22 pm    

Barry Blackwood wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking it was a tongue in cheek statement..

The more I think about it, I'm inclined to agree - the humor of it went right over our heads. Well, my head anyway ... Muttering

I would certainly hope so...but that's what all these emoticons are for, like if it were tongue-and-cheek or being witty, the point might by made by using this one: Winking

Heaven forbid if he was actually serious, in that case he would just be "out-to-lunch." Shocked

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2010 6:30 am    

The Marty Stuart Show is the best program on television. Period. Marty's singing and playing is top notch. Ditto for the Superlatives. If I ever heard a vocal group perform at their level, I can't remember when. I'll go so far as to say vocal harmony doesn't get any better than theirs.

I even like the glitter suits. Always wanted one of those myself. Smile

Franklin, In. USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2010 8:25 pm     Marty Stuart

Me being from the Classic Country and Nudie suits era, Marty has to be a favorite of mine. I did stop by and see Leroy Troy, Liza Jane and Cash last week while in Nashville. I gave Leroy an old advertising picture of Jimmy Logsden. Now Jimmy had a few good steel pickers on his records.
One thing I would like to see on the Marty show is a special night featuring the one steel player that has played with all the Classic Country artists. Buddy Emmons. What a show it would be if maybe Ray Price might stop in also. Just a thought.
Dave A. Burley