| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 400 Question
Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2011 7:51 pm    

Question???
I need some info and advice. I have a Nashville 400 which I like very much but it's too heavy for me to lug around. I saw a couple cabs advertised as Nashville 400 cabs, on the forum recently where it looks like the Nashville 400 has been split up with the electronics in one cab and the speaker in the other. (these cabs were empty.) I guess the reverb would stay with the speaker side. How does this work out? Looks like I would be splitting up the weight and maybe even have room to put an effects amp with the 400 electronics. Has anyone done this and is it advisable? I know how to build cabs and could do this myself.............thanks for your advice and help.........clark
Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2011 8:25 pm    

I would put the reverb with the power head, and NOT with the speaker. That way the reverb stays plugged in permanently, and the only connection you have to make is the speaker cord.

I've thought many times about doing just what you are considering, but haven't actually done it.
Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2011 4:37 am     Nashville 400 split...

I don't have a Nashville 400.....I have a Steel King...but I have the set up you are asking about.I have separate cabinets made by Rick Johnson and transport is easier but now I have 2 pieces to carry instead of one.However the big advantage to doing this (in my opinion)is that I set the head cabinet right beside my steel so that I can make any EQ changes without having to get up.

KANSAS
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2011 6:08 am     Nashville $00

Thank you for your responses. I'll but this on the forum when I'm finished..........................clark
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2011 11:56 am    

If you are interested in cutting down on the weight of your system, you may want to consider installing a SICA Neo speaker. ----> Click Here
Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2011 12:25 pm    

I have taken the speakers out of my Peavy amps, and use a separate cab (Pre/Power-amp and reverb pan stay in the original cab).

I did not change the original amp cabinet.
The amp is very light when completely empty. I don't think you would lose much weight by cutting it down to head-only size, although I've seen it done.

I put the amp without speaker just to my right side, and can easily adjust the knobs and put things on top of it at hand level (usually an RV3, and a drink).
I run a speaker cable to the cab somewhere behind me.
Works great and lightens the load.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2011 7:20 pm    

My buddie Rick Johnson makes the split cabinets . I have one myself and i can't believe how much better my system sounds with the cabinet split . I hear a fuller sound and the weight is great this way . All i have in my cabinet is the Black Widow 15'' speaker ,thats it . I always get great compliments on my sound with this system . I also have a Nashville 400 in the original cabinet so i do know whereof i speak ! I might add that i use a Lexicon MPX 100 processor with all my amps .