| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP Woody Ledford
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 1:39 pm    

Well our friend and fellow musician was called home to the Lord about 10 minutes ago.
oo
We will miss you Woody.

Linda and I were fortunate to spend a couple of hours with Woody the night before he passed. Woody and I talked steel guitar players and shows almost the entire time.
Woody loved the steel guitar which is why he played to fit every steeler he sat beside.

One of Woody's favorite stories was when he got to pick with the Big E for the first time. Woody was so humbled and happy when Buddy made him feel so comfortable about his guitar playing.

One fine man will surely be missed by many.

Bill & Linda Fergusn

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 30 May 2010 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Gene Still

Lilburn, Georgia, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:17 pm    

I will miss woddy so munch, he was one of the greatest guitar players that i have ever known.I'm sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prays are with Rachel and the family

. GENE STILL.

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:23 pm    

Words just don't describe the loss. A great musician, friend and a prince of a man. We'll miss you Woody. Rachel and family will continue to be in our prayers. We love you all.
Roger & Anne

Last edited by Roger Crawford on 29 May 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wayne Stowers

Georgia
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:27 pm    

So long old pal!!
Charlie Vaughn

West Union, South Carolina
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:29 pm    

Woody will be missed. He was probally the best guitar player I ever worked with. I will be in prayer that God will comfort Rachel and his family in their great loss. Rest In Peace Woody.
John Floyd

R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 3:42 pm    

In Addition to being the finest guitar player I have ever known and admired, He was also one of the finest men I have ever known. May God Comfort Rachel and his family in the knowledge that he is home with the Almighty tonight.
The Heavenly band is a lot richer and fuller tonight.
Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 4:45 pm    

I spoke to Woody a few weeks ago. He knew that he would be fine no matter what happened. This was not the outcome that we all prayed for but Woody's positive outlook about meeting his Savior was inspiring. Woody became a dear friend to Sandy & I on the day we met he and Rachel. Those who were blessed to know Woody know what I mean. What a privilege to know this great man and musician. Sandy got the message from Johnny Thomas and she was in tears when she told me. Woody rest in blissful peace and comfort in the arms of our Lord. You ARE missed!!!
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 29 May 2010 5:48 pm    

Woody's HEALED. What a great man to know, and guitar player to be friends with. God, wrap the precious Ledford family in Your love and comfort.
Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 5:28 am    

I just read this post.........

I cannot find the word to say any differently than the others before me Woody was one of your best friends on stage and any where else you came in contact with him.

I want to express my thoughts and sorrows to Rachel and all of the Ledford family.

Thank You for leting us as Steel players share a bit of the love we all had for this Man "Woody Ledford" may you.

Rest In Peace my friend.

Larry & Teresa
Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 5:41 am    

What a loss! Heavens gain. The last song I played with Woody at Kannapolis was him twining on "The Old Rugged Cross"! What a player and a great man. Everytime I met him he would come up to me and give me a big smile and a hug! I as all steel players will miss the "Steel Players Guitar Player". My prayers to his family - He is now watching us from up above!
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112

Last edited by Glen E. Lanning on 30 May 2010 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Barney Y. Miller

Covington, GA, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 5:41 am    

While visiting Woody Thursday he seemed to be much better according to Dr. there. Had talked of him going home on Wen. That was good news for us all. Our prayers were for a change for the better and hoping he would recover. We will all miss him.
RIP my friend.

Barney & Mary
Bob Farlow

Marietta,GA,
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 5:54 am    

Our steel shows around the Southeast will never be the same without Woody. He was the man everybody wanted on stage with them. He will be sorely missed. God rest his soul and comfort his family.
Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 9:07 am    

I will miss Woody, a wonderful guitarist and the steel player's best friend. I loved sharing the stage with Woody, and just knowing that he would be leading the band made me always feel at home. He will be missed but remembered
Chuck
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 10:09 am     Woody

RIP Mr. Woody my dear friend. May God comfort them in there time of loss.
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 11:34 am    

Just a quick note to ditto all the wonderful comments about our dear friend. I have had the pleasure to be part of the band with Woody many times over the last few years, and it has truly been an honor. I will certainly miss him and think of him at every show I do.

Jim
Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 11:58 am     Woodrow Ledford, Jr

Arrangements:

Thomas McAfee Funeral Home Northwest
6710 White Horse Road
Greenville, SC
Tel # (864) 294-6415

Visitation: Tuesday June 1, 6-8:30 PM

Funeral: Wednesday June 2, 12 Noon

Officiating: Rev Richard Guthrie
Wade Medlock

Avondale Estates, GA USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 12:59 pm    

Woody was a fine gentleman and such a fine picker. He'll be missed greatly by an awful lot of admirers.
Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 2:56 pm    

I just read this post and am very saddened. We just had our annual alabama show. and missed having Woody on stage in the band. Heard he had been back in the hospital. last year at our show Woody had the idea of doing a memorial for Bill Simmons and asked me to take part in the tribute. little did we know that one year later we would be paying tribute to Woody.

My prayers for Woody's family.

Love ya pal rest in peace.
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Wayne F. Smith

Bethlehem, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 3:26 pm     Woody

We are going to miss Woody so much. We played the last 2 steel shows without him and there was a noticeable void there. Just wasn't the same. I have played with Woody a lot in the last few years, and I wish there were many more to come. I guess it is the end of an era. I wish Rachel and the family the best and hope to see them in Greenville this week.
Wayne
John Thomas

Gainesville, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 6:29 pm     Woody Ledford

Woody Ledford was a friend, a friend I will miss very much. Being able to play with him over the last several years was an honor because he was one of the best. His talent is well known to a lot of steel guitar players, as well as other musicians. I pray that Rachel and the family will find peace in knowing he is in a better place and is no longer in pain. God bless you, Woody.
George Brown

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 8:32 pm    

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of our Friend, and Brother, Woody. I hoped that he was getting better. Woody was truly a Great Guitar Picker, and even greater person. I was Blessed to get to see him, and talk to him in Kannapolis in April. Though I could tell that he was weak, he still had that big, bright smile, a handshake, and hug. His picking was still as beautiful as ever. The first time I heard Woody play, I told him that he had restored my faith in the Lead Guitar. You just don't hear playing like that very often.My Prayers, and Thoughts go out to Rachel, and the family. May God Bless them, and give them the Strength, and Comfort, that they will need in this time of Great Sorrow.
George...
Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 9:33 pm    

Woody was one of my favorite people at steel shows and an incredible person. I'll miss playing with him. Praying for Rachel and the rest of his friends and family.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 9:55 pm    

Woody was a great friend to not just me, but to a lot of other steel guitarists too. You can tell that he loved to play guitar because he always put a lot of feeling into his guitar work. You could also tell that as soon as he got onstage, he was ready to play his guitar. I'm so glad he was part of our steel shows. My prayers go out to Rachel and Woody's family. Woody, I miss you, buddy.

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2010 10:20 pm    

Woody RIP - One of the greatest guitar players and nicest guys I've ever met. He will certainly be missed.
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 31 May 2010 2:52 am    

Very sorry to learn of Woody's passing, I knew him just a bit and didn't see him all that often but when we did see each other we talked guitars and music. A fine talent but first a fine Christian man, I am honored to have known him.

tony

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website