| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jim Gilbert Indianapolis Indiana
Bill Howard

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2010 1:06 pm    

This is a Post for my friend Jim Gilbert He passed away about 3 weeks ago and I only found out today.
Jim was a Lead Player Until an Injury to his left hand,He loved music so much like the rest of us He figured out he could hold a Bar and started playing Pedal steel,He had a Beck and a session 400. I understand his grandson got them &wants to take Pedal Steel lessons. I will miss Jim we played together in the 70"s RIP Jim
Doug Rolfe

Indianapolis, IN
Post  Posted 28 May 2010 6:09 am    

Thanks for posting this info about Jim. I too was unaware of his passing. He was a great gentleman and as you said, loved music.
Don E. Curtis

St Louis, Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 May 2010 9:19 am     very sad

I sure hate to see this one...Jim was a student of mine and I helped him get his BMI S-10. We kept in touch somewhat through the years.
The funny thing was that Jim was a steel player before he got a pedal steel. So he tended to want to play off the 1st string, well, this was an "E9 Nashville Chromatic" tuning, but since the chromatic strings, F# & D# are a common interval Jim had worked up a whole bunch of songs running up and down the neck with slants all on those first two strings! Oh well, I guess you had to be there.
I was so looking forward to seeing Jim and all my hometown friends at the Indy Steel Show on June 27th and I will miss seeing Jim there...
Sincere Condolences to the family,
With love,
Don E. Curtis