| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  one computer to another.
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 May 2010 4:43 pm    

I am running BIAB on my PC windows XL home addition. I want to buy a laptop and copy my BIAB songs to the laptop to use to play out. Is this possible? Will the laptop volume be enough to cover 400 sq ft rooms with about 150 to 200 folks. I don't need the laptop for any other reason. Advise. cc
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2010 6:05 pm    

Howdy, how many songs are we talkin about? One way is to collect all your BIAB songs into a zip file and mail it to yourself then open the email on the new computer if it's connected to the Internet. Or, burn them onto a disk which can be opened with the new computer and transfered to a file within BIAB. Or, use a thumb drive or external hard drive to transfer the BIAB song files to which can then be accessed by the new computer. As for the laptop volume being loud enough for a big room? I wouldn't count on it. Instead, come out of the headphone jack with a cord that has a mini headphone jack on one end with a regular 1/4 inch guitar jack on the other end to a small amp. Works like a charm.
Storm Rosson

Silver City, NM. USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2010 7:03 pm    

Very Happy What Andy said....make sure the final format is MP3, or a format that is compatible with both puters. NO the lappy vol will not cover a small toilet stall ,so at the least u will need a set of powered speakers, I suggest Klipsch Pro audio 2.1's bout 150-200$ new Winking
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 2:27 am    

thanks fellows. still debating and thanks for the eye openers. cc
Leroy Riggs

Looney Tunes, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 8:16 am    

Quote:
...come out of the headphone jack with a cord that has a mini headphone jack on one end with a regular 1/4 inch guitar jack on the other end to a small amp...

This does work well but test it out before the big night. Sometimes these computers, using this setup, produce enough noise along with the music that it becomes almost an annoying sound rather than music. My older Dell is almost useless because of this noise.
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 May 2010 2:10 am    

correction to my orig post. I meant to say 1000 sq ft rooms. All of you have answered my ??? however. If the laptop vol could not cover 400 sq ft no chance on a 1000. Thanks again fellows. cc
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2010 7:46 am    

Buy a $25 to $50 pair of powered computer speakers at Best Buy, or any other computer parts store. Plug the 1/8" jack into the speaker output on your laptop and adjust the levels for best volume without distortion.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog