| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashvile 1000 help
Royal Moses

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2010 1:04 pm    

This amp was working fine untill i forgot to shut it off .It set for about 5 hrs .When i went to use it there is a lot of distorsion Checked every thing cord and every thing checks out ok. i have quite a bit of electronics background.It sounded like a bad power output transister so i took it apart pulled the four transisters out and was going to test them but i dont remember how too.Maby im going down the wrong path .I sure could use some help.I live up here in the state of NH and there isnt any help arround thanks . Royal Ps They are mosfet transisters
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 17 May 2010 2:01 pm    

I wouldn't think one of the output transistors was the cause. The power amplifier section in the Nashville 1000 is a Class "D" (Digital) power amp, not a conventional analog power amplifier section.

5 hours with it powered on is not a reason for it to go into distortion unless it was in a location that didn't provide adequate air flow around it. I've had mine on for that long already, in Florida, and it didn't hurt it.

The first thing would have been to check the preamp output and see if it was distorted, or put an external signal into the Power Amp in, trying to isolate where the problem is. Also measure the power supply voltages.
Royal Moses

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2010 6:01 pm     Thanks Jack

I Found out how to check the transisters and they are ok .So desided to put it back together .While i was soldering the transisters back in i noticed that one leg of cr112 was not soldered so i soldered it finished puting it together Hooked it up no more distortion. talk about luck must have been like that from the factory. must have been touching enough to make it work.I dont no Thanks again . Royal