| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Doug Stone & Hollie Dunn
Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2003 6:18 pm    

I heard on the radio today that Doug and Hollie would be at the Perry County Fair next Friday night 7/18/03 in New Lexington, Ohio. I know Mike Sigler plays for Hollie Dunn but not sure if Doug Stone carries a steel player or not. Maybe Mike will double, and if you read this Mike, should we bring lawn chairs or is it a place with seating . We are looking forward to some good steel playing.
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2003 7:45 pm    

"We are looking forward to some good steel playing."

Rest assured, Walter, you won't be disappointed in the steel playing. Mike is one of the finest there is. Smile
Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2003 6:04 am    

Thanks for the nice remarks guys, I had a great time, i always do when im with Holly.
She is such a great person, and fantasic to travel with..
Walter: sorry i did'nt get your message about the chair's i am just getting in from our tour and have'nt been at home for a couple of weeks...
I must say, the jagwire strings on my Emmons stayed in great tune under the very HOT 90 degree weather.
Mike
Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2003 7:46 pm    

Hey Mike, no problem, we arrived early and had good seats. I was nice to get to talk to you and Sally again. I liked the part of the show where after your second ride Hollie steps up to the mike and says " This looks like the Mike Sigler Show with Hollie Dunn as a special guest." Of course she knew you were home but the crowd sure got a kick out of it.

We also stayed to see Doug Stone and got to see another great show. Doug had the crowd right from the start. I can't remember his steel player but he has a very tight band.

Dust, dirt , Fair food and two great shows for $14 admission, you just can't beat the deals at a County Fair.