| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My news seat from Steelseat.com (Joe Naylor)
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 23 May 2010 12:59 pm    

A lot of people have written a lot of nice things about Joe and his seats. All I can say is that they all were right.

Here are some pics

It holds a LOT of stuff.

It has a retractable handle (the little red thingies are brakes to hold the handle in place.)

and wheels.

Here is a side by side comparison with my other seat, so you can see how much bigger it is.

The old seat is OK, but it isn't large enough to store my POD XT (with Tommy Dodd's presets) and some of the other gear I have to carry around. I had to use a special case for all that stuff. Here is a picture of the "Special Case," Mr. Green which will now be retired and recycled

Thanks Joe for building this most excellent seat.

Last edited by Mike Perlowin on 23 May 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 23 May 2010 1:13 pm    

Hey Mike,
You need to get Joe to build one of these for your pod. Bill

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2010 6:16 pm    

Thank you Mike for those kind comments. Sometimes when I am working in the shop I wonder if my customers appreciate these seats. Kind words mean a lot.

Bill - that is nice but Mike is talking about putting everything in his seat that has wheels and a telescoping handle. No extra stuff to carry.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Cal Sharp

the farm in Kornfield Kounty, TN
Post  Posted 23 May 2010 6:38 pm    

I'm currently making the transition from the full size to the lite. It takes a little figuring out, but I'll end up with a lighter seat without so much detritus to carry around, and that's a good thing.

Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 24 May 2010 4:49 am    

Joe,
I misread the statement about retiring the "special case" for the other stuff. Maybe you should consider adding a line of cases for the "etc" stuff that can't fit in your seat. I made this case with leftovers when I made my speaker cabs.

Nice seat BTW, I like the wheel/handle idea.....Bill
David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2010 10:54 am     Joes Steel seats

I was the link between my steel buddy and Joe Naylor since my buddy doesn't do internet or modern technology. I was so impressed with Joes work, his dedication to building it the way "we" wanted it and keeping in touch while the building was being done. I ordered it right before the beginning of the NAMM show and Joe had little to NO time... but he still made it happen and my steel player couldn't be any happier. I swear.. he's even playing better! And the seat is built to last a lifetime! Now.. I'm gonna order one for me!
Dennis Saydak

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 24 May 2010 11:08 am    

I also echo the good words about Joe. I ordered a lite seat when he was extremely busy getting ready for a upcoming show. Although I live in Canada I requested my seat be delivered to a USA pickup destination. The delivery date was critical so I could bring it back tax free as part of my personal exemption when I returned from the Dairy Steel show. Joe delivered a beautiful seat on time and his communication was also excellent.

Much appreciated Joe! Very Happy
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 24 May 2010 11:27 am    

John McClung has posted a really good picture of the my seat, showing the handle and wheels, on the thread about the lap steel show.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=182654&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2010 8:05 pm    

Hay Cal - You and many others are going smaller and carrying less and then some are going larger so they can carry everything in one seat.

No problem Bill - I have made inserts similar to that in the Sewing Seat model - see them on www.steelseat.com - All I would have to do is add a divider and a lid and would have on just about like yours. Just had not had anyone ask ............. YET. Mike wanted maximum amount of stuff so no dividers and you can see how much he can load into the seat.

That is why I added the other models and options - trying to please everyone.

Thanks to David and Dennis too - much appreciated to hear the positive comments.

And I put a note over there but thanks John for posting the photos - he was following Mike out the door and down the walk taking photos.

Thanks to all

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP