| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hacked
David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 4:59 pm    

Sunday aftewr the storm in which I had to seek shelter from my home and losing my amp.. I noticed my computer was acting weird..I called a friend and neighbor who is the computer tech for the local hospital to check it out for me..Upon his inspection I was horrified to find him telling me that some body had hacked my info.I changed all passwords and added new programming in hopes to stop this from happening again..I was not told what the emails consisted of that were sent but I have made apologies to those I thought may have been hurt from this,Hence the reason I lashed out at some people on this forum...BEWARE as this could happen to you...Once again I offer my apologies to any one on this forum ..
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 6:35 pm    

David, so somebody has gotten hold of your passwords.
Go back and think about what kind of emails you have responded to. Emails like those that say your account will be closed unless you give us your info including password. As far as I can understand, the hacker needs your password in order to hack your email- and other accounts.

That is one way.

The other way is if you inadvertently gave your password to a person whom you thought you could trust.

There are likely other ways as well. Wiz could tell you about those and also tell you how to safeguard yourself.
David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 7:04 pm    

Thanks for the tip Bent..I have tried to think of any thing I may have responded to but as of yet have not come up with any thing..I had my friend go ahead and clean out everything on my hard drive and re boot my whole operating system...He also installed some software for me similar to that he puts on the hospital cpu's to keep some one from doing this again --WE HOPE...It is truly a bitter pill to swallow when you have to go apologizing to people and you dont know what you are apologizing for...
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 9:10 pm     Re: Hacked

David Beckner wrote:
Sunday aftewr the storm in which I had to seek shelter from my home and losing my amp.. I noticed my computer was acting weird..I called a friend and neighbor who is the computer tech for the local hospital to check it out for me..Upon his inspection I was horrified to find him telling me that some body had hacked my info.I changed all passwords and added new programming in hopes to stop this from happening again..I was not told what the emails consisted of that were sent but I have made apologies to those I thought may have been hurt from this,Hence the reason I lashed out at some people on this forum...BEWARE as this could happen to you...Once again I offer my apologies to any one on this forum ..

You should download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, install and update it, then scan for threats. A report opens following a scan, with threats beside checkboxes to delete them. Check and delete all known threats.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 10:10 pm    

Thanks Wiz..Like I stated my friend put a program on similar to what he puts on hospital cpu's to keep from having info hacked ..I will also try your suggestion too ..I want all the protection I can get to insure this doesnt happen again.
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 3:50 am    

David Beckner wrote:
Thanks for the tip Bent..I have tried to think of any thing I may have responded to

Start here:
You would remember any 'friend' whom you gave your info to.

Then if there is no such thing ever happening, move on to weird emails you have received. I still feel that someone, somehow, got hold of your password.

Before your friend secured your computer...did you have a working virus scanner and firewall?

It is very hard for someone to 'hack' your computer without you giving them the info. Especially us ordinary folk whom they would have less interest in, out from a money standpoint.
David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 6:59 am    

The only thing I have been able to remember are 2 seperate emails I got ..These were from 2 different names but the charachteristics of the mispelling of certain words and the comments made were very similar.
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Leroy Riggs

Looney Tunes, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 9:21 am    

Whose firewall are you using?
David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 11:04 am    

I was using the facory settings that were on my cpu when I bought it but now anymore..I'm not sure the name on it now . I'll have to ask my friend.
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 3:26 pm    

David Beckner wrote:
The only thing I have been able to remember are 2 seperate emails I got ..These were from 2 different names but the charachteristics of the mispelling of certain words and the comments made were very similar.

Thanks David
David Beckner

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 5:38 pm    

Bent I sent you an email --hopefully you can help in figuring this out...I really appreciate your help and concern
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2010 11:51 pm    

David Beckner wrote:
Thanks Wiz..Like I stated my friend put a program on similar to what he puts on hospital cpu's to keep from having info hacked ..I will also try your suggestion too ..I want all the protection I can get to insure this doesnt happen again.

Did you install, update and scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? If so, what malware threats did it find and remove? Did it report finding the Zbot/Zeus login stealing Trojan?
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog