| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone Here Attend Our Steel Shows In The Mid-Seventies
Dave A. Burley

Franklin, In. USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2010 9:49 am    

Back in the mid seventies we had many steel shows throughout the country featuring Buddy, Jernigan, Chalker, Reece, Julian and Jimmy Bryant. These were six hour 'jamfests'. Marion, Indiana, Ft. Wayne, Indiana, Galsesburg, Michigan, Battle Creek, Michigan, Muskegon, Michigan, Austin, Texas, Dallas, Texas and other cities.. These were all forerunners of the Cavalcade Of Guitar we produced in Dallas. There is a reason. As I am trying to release many of these never before heard cd's this year, I need pictures. I have many but many were destroyed during the big flood we had here several years ago. ..... We just re-released 'It's The First Time' on cd and released the Jimmy Bryant/Buddy Emmons live cd early this year.
I have several un-heard great steel cd's to be re-leased soon, as soon as I get the legal loose end's taken care of.
As some of those in Texas were well attended, I'm hoping there will be someone out there that was there in person. Maybe Bobby Dardeman?
Thanks,
Dave A. Burley
D Watson

Marion, Indiana, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2010 11:06 am    

Hey Dave. I was there in person when Buddy, Reece and Jimmy Bryant came to Marion and Fort Wayne Indiana. Here in Marion, the jam was supposed to be at tha FOP but for some reason, unknown to me, it was moved to "The Bull Pen" which was a popular bar in town. There was a "Bull Pen North" and a "Bull Pen South" and if my memory serves me right, it was "The Bull Pen South". They were owned by Bobby Penn, a local country singer. Carl Smith would sing
at the Bull Pens on ocasion.
D Watson