| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Why I'm Proud To Be A Jackson Steel Player and Owner
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 4 May 2010 12:53 pm    

I just wanted to tell y'all why I'm proud to be a Jackson Steel player/owner. First of all, the Jacksons build wonderful steel guitars that are amazing in every way. I remember playin' a show in Atlanta and after playin' my set, I just went into the hallway where a few Jackson Steels were set up and David Jackson told me I could try out the Madison '63 model. After I tried out the Madison '63, I knew a Jackson Steel was gonna be my next steel, and here I am a year later, playin' a Jackson Steel. The sound of the Jackson Steels reminds me of the great Sho-Bud sounds and the tone is incredible, the pedal action is very smooth, and the guitar itself is just wonderful. I'm glad to be friends with David, Harry, and Dawn Jackson, three wonderful friends of mine who I now consider heroes too because they build wonderful steels and built a wonderful steel for me!

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Carson Leighton

N.B. Canada
Post  Posted 4 May 2010 2:26 pm    

Brett,,,congratulations on your new steel...Sure is a nice looking guitar...Do you know if the changer is similar or the same as the Sho-Bud changer...? Thanks,,,Carson
John Jeffries

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 4 May 2010 3:17 pm    

I've had my Jackson Blackjack for a couple of years or so, and I'm still thrilled every time I play it. The action and playability is really top-notch, and the sound is fantastic! I play it at a variety of venues as well as at home, and it has never let me down. it stays in tune, always sounds great, no matter which amp I use (I have a Peavey Nashville 112 and an old Show-Bud with a 15" JBL).
Hey Carson, the Blackjack has a changer which features independant variable radius pulling fingers, each capable of raising and/or lowering. (Check out the Jackson website for more details.) Carson, if/when you are in the Fredericton area, give me a buzz, and maybe we can get together. Let me know if your planning to come up this way!
Cheers, J.J.

N.B. Canada
Post  Posted 4 May 2010 4:36 pm    

Hello JJ,,,Yeah, I'll have to get up and see that new guitar of yours...It's been quite a while since we had a tune...Did you notice that a lot of people on here don't like banjos.....YIKES!! Winking
Tony Rankin

Land O’ Lakes, FL
Post  Posted 5 May 2010 11:28 am    

Congratulations Brett! Very cool guitar you have.