| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  R.I.P. Georgia Drummer Mark Ensley
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 8:03 pm    

I've been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now and it occurred to me that a few of Mark's Georgia friends might not have heard. He had been having health issues for some time and passed on in his sleep early May 4.
Mark and I shared many adventures and, thanks to his incredible sense of humor, thousands of laughs during the years we both played for John Berry, and later in various bands and a very joyful period as roommates.
He enriched everyone he touched with his fine playing, contagious laugh and deeply irreverent sense of humor.
I will miss him- so much.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2010 9:09 am     Mark

Ya know...Mark and I played together with Machen Seeger, and Adam Gosdin when I lived in GA. So many friends over the years have passed from memory as I get older...He was one I hadn't thought about in a long time..Sorry to hear he's left us...he was a wonderful man...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2010 10:46 am    

Hey, Mickey, I played many shows with Machen myself, she was a character. Remember the red streaks from her long fake nails across the keys of her wurly?
Mark was a really great guy, wonderful sense of humor.
I have a thousand great memories just from us trying to outdo each other with practical jokes when we were playing with John Berry.
It is hard watching the old friends drop away. But I guess the alternative is to beat them through the door.
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2010 11:10 am    

This Sunday, June 13, There's a memorial jam and gathering in memory of Mark at Chris Hilsman's farm outside Madison, GA. A bunch of us who knew and loved Mark will be playing and remembering him, should be a great gathering. Feel free to contact me for directions.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2010 2:47 pm    

I spoke with bassist and good friend Dennis Mitchell this week Mark...He was unaware that Mark had passed...So sorry I cant make this one due to prior engagements...Im sure it would have been a chance to rekindle a LOT of old Atlanta friendships...Peace Mark!!..
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!