| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Chris & Herb in Bergen, Norway!
Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 2 May 2003 7:40 am    

We got a great consert coming up in about an hour here in Bergen.
I look forward to hear these two and specialy Herb Pederson`s harmonies. He must be the best harmony singer around

I only wish my buddy JD could have come along...

Dag
Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 3 May 2003 1:35 am    

Well what can I say. Everybody that play a musical instrument in Bergen showed up!

Chris and Herb where fantastic. Amazing to to see them singing a foot or more from the microphones and having total controll over the whole thing.
The songs where from the Gram Parsons, Desert Rose Band and from the Cd`s Chris&Herb. Executed the best way possible and Herb`harmony singing were awesome.

I`ve got to say: Herb are just something else besides he`s set the standard long time ago how to sing harmony. Period!

I got to talk the both after the show and they are flying to England to do some shows today. If you guys over there have a chance to see them you`re in for something else.

Herb told me this was his first time in Norway and he felt it was special to be here since his grandfather were from Ă…lesund, Norway.

Dag
Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 3 May 2003 9:47 am    

The day after the concert the two main news papers here in town gave Chris and Herb the highest score.
Dennis Olearchik

Newtown, PA
Post  Posted 3 May 2003 6:17 pm    

Dag,

Their "Bakersfield Bound" album with J.D. is one of my all time favorites albums.

Best regards,

Dennis

p.s. do you still have the S-10 Zum?
Derek Duplessie

La Jolla CA USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2003 9:33 pm    

I've got a little four piece jangle/country-rock band, and we got the priviledge of opening for Chris and Herb when they came to San Diego last weekend. Chris even came out and played and sang with us on "She don't Love Nobody"!!!
By the way, Kevin Ryan plays pedal steel with us, and he is so amazing! Rick Schmidt played the night of the Chris & Herb show because Kevin couldn't make it, and he is great also! He plays with Heather Miles a lot of the time. (Kevin Ryan made the Jay Dee Maness video for JD).
Chris & Herb are so good, I just wish the Desert Rose Band was still together so we could hear Jay Dee with them too.
Chris came down to do a Scottsville Squirrel Barker's reunion, which was one of the first bands he was in during the early 60s. Bernie Leadon from the Eagles was also in it, and he came too. They played at the same show that night, and were great! -Derek
Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 4 May 2003 2:58 pm    

Dennis, I still have the red Zum
I`ll e-mail you a photo from when JayDee were over here and played with us.

Derek, thanks for sharing that. I met Rick and talked a little with him in Denmark a couple of years ago. He was with Heather. Photo goes to you too.

Thanks,
Dag

[This message was edited by Dag Wolf on 04 May 2003 at 04:04 PM.]

Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 4 May 2003 3:04 pm    

[This message was edited by Dag Wolf on 04 May 2003 at 04:32 PM.]