| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ronnie Miller & Pridesmen Band TSGA
Jerry Fessenden

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2010 6:41 am    

The high point for me at the TSGA this yr was how well the Pridesmen were with Ronnie Miller on steel... This yr had all members , Danny was back on piano & vocals. Reggie on fiddle , Ron on bass, Derick on drums , Billy on guitar and GREAT vocals !!! as well as another guitar player Terry Downs ? Jean Hughey was brought up on stage as they did the tribute to Johns' legendary Conway songs... so much to say about the other players , but this was a show stopper for me. JF
Duane Brown

Reno,Nevada USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2010 9:13 am    

The Pridesmen are always one of the high points of the Dallas show. Ronnie plays sooooo good and the band is super. I especially enjoy hearing my old friend Billy Martin sing Vince Gill songs-WOW! He sings better than he did 35 years ago. The Terry Downs/Ronnie Miller rendition of the Strangers' "Steelin'Corn" always is amazing. I loved the rendition of the Doobie Brothers song with Reggie Reuffer playing the synth parts on the fiddle. GREAT SHOW!
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2010 7:11 pm    

Ronnie Miller and The Pridesmen. A class act. Jody.
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2010 9:01 pm     Ronnie Miller and the pridesmen

I always enjoy Ronnie a nd the band and I always learn something from them. Love, Buck & Mitzi Grantham

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2010 12:52 pm     TSGA set by Ronnie Miller and the Pridesmen

This was my third time to see this great band.

They've become a favorite - I'm looking for opportunities to see them on tour.

Don't miss them.
Joe Rogers

Lake Charles, LA USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2010 3:37 pm    

Duane, you could not have described it any better. I missed their set 2 years ago, and wanted to make it a point to hear them this time. It was fantastic! The Conway Twitty medley had one heck of an arrangement. VERY nice!! Hats off to all the pickers on that set!!

Joe Rogers
Bob Case

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2010 3:44 pm    

I'm kind of a crusty old fart, but when Ronnie played Look at Us with Mama Jean sitting there, I was crying like a baby. Great band, great show!
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2010 3:29 am     Ronnie's show

Bob; Yours wern't the only tears at that segment, I looked around & saw LOTS of wet eyes. Latter I caught Ronnie in the resturant & gave him a set of my gold fingerpicks. Couldn't even talk much then either. A GREAT BAND. Andy H.
Ronnie Miller

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2010 1:56 pm    

Thanks Jerry, Duane, Bob, and All,
Speaking for myself, and the Pridesmen we want to say thank you for the great responce you always give us @ the TSGA Dallas Show. It is a big luxury for the band to come and play with me, and I appreciate every one of them.
If my visit from Jean Hughey looked like a big surprise, that's because it sure was, I had no idea, It was a really special moment I will never forget.
The house band was right on all weekend. I enjoyed ALL of the steel players I heard, but to single out a few, Mike & Joanie Johnson, Mark Giles and Albert Talley's set, It's a Miracle to see how far Mark has come from where he was when I saw him last year in the hospital . I also really liked Russ Hicks set. His Mullen sounded great, and I love his song selection...
Mike's, Paul, Doug, Herb's Reece, David, Jerry, Chuck Frank, Tommy, Joe, and everybody I missed....GREAT SHOW....cya...Ronnie
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2010 1:16 pm    

Ronnie, I always look forward to hearing you play anywhere, but at TSGA the most. Your tribute touched me deeply, so much so that I cried through the first song of my set. I love you pal, but I hope I never have to follow you again. That's like following a bulldozer with a teaspoon.
Ronnie Miller

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2010 6:32 am    

Johnny,
Thank you for the kind words, I consider you to be in the very upper echelon of Steel Guitar Players, which makes it even more special..
My intent on doing the Conway Twitty medley and the J Hughey song at the end of our set (which I had spoken to Jean about before we played it) was not to make people sad, but to celebrate the contribution that John has made to the S.G..
We had several songs to choose from for the encore, but the band wanted to do that one...
When Jean Hughey came up on stage with us I Lost it....I will remember that moment forever....
As for the bulldozer thing, that would be YOU, your talent, and playing ability, as everyone knows enables you to follow anyone @ anytime..
When I mentioned my favorite moments at TSGA this year I failed to mention the incredible job you did on the J. Bush set, you’re playing, touch, and tone were perfect. And you nailed all the breaks and intros. I apologize for not mentioning it....
Lovyaman...Ronnie
Chuck Cusimano

Weatherford, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2010 1:59 pm     I had to miss it!

Ronnie, I'm sorry I had to miss your set Saturday. ( Everybody said it was AWESOME) I'm thankful that I did get to visit with you on Thursday and Friday. Last year I saw your performance with the Pridesmen, and wow! IT WAS TERRIFIC!!

I have a unique Oportunity, as you know, to get to work gigs with Billy Martin on a very regular basis, and have had for a very long time, as we go back 37 years, and I get to work with Reggie, and yourself occasionally, and even get to do a few things with Derrick, so the talent there is no surprize, but ALWAYS a pleasure. You are an amazing talent, as are the rest of the Pridesmen. ( does Charley know lucky he is? ) Thank you again for being on my last CD. You played exactly what was needed!

The reason I had to miss Saturday was because of a gig. You know we gotta keep the old squirel cage turning. Come see us, Chuck Cusimano