| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Austin Steel Guitar Co-op Sunday 14th
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2010 5:51 pm    

It is time once again for the <B>The Austin Steel Guitar Co-op</B> get-together, which falls on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
This month it happens to fall on Valentines Day.
What better way to treat yourself or your sweetheart than to enjoy the festivities of the Austin Steel Guitar Co-op Jam and Meet up.
In honor of Valentines Day we will be serving Beans and Cornbread, with Chili on the side for those who want to add a little gas to the fire or vice-versa.
In addition to the usual crowd this month we will feature Dave Biller on Bass and his friend Matt Puryear on drums, but I am sure we will mix it up as other folks jump in and move around.
Time and Location is 2:00 P.M. at the 290 West Dance Hall in Austin Texas as usual.
MAP / DIRECTIONS
If any one is interested is checking out a new Sarno Revelation Tube Pre-Amp I will have one available for test rides. ^_^ !

Austin Steel Guitar Co-op is a free group that is bent on promoting and supporting Steel Guitar Music and Musicians in central Texas and beyond.
If you have not experienced an A.S.G.C. gathering then you are overdue for some Austin Texas style fun featuring one of the most beautiful sounding and truly American musical instruments.

The Austin Steel Guitar Co-op Website has content added on a regular basis and can always use input and ideas.
Join the Local Musicians Page for gigs, recording etc.
If you are in need of a Bass player, Drummer, Guitar or Pedal Steel of course… Take a look at it. ^_^
If you have written some thing or want to add a product or service to the ASGC Website, that’s what is there for..
Lets swap links or me put an article up for you.
The Austin Steel Guitar Co-op is always looking for and open to ideas for upcoming events to contribute an idea or anything to the ASGC, Please contact me.
You guys have been a big inspiration to me and together we can make an even bigger inspiration for everyone…

It does not cost any thing to support Austin Steel Guitar Co-op
When you need music supplies click on our Musicians Friend Link for the Same Guaranteed Low Price. If you find a better price in 45 days we will refund the difference.

Dave Goodman

San Antonio, TX, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2010 6:18 pm    

Once I escape from the dog house I'll head that way.
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2010 8:41 am    

This Sunday
Mack Quinney

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 5:49 am     Thanks

Ken,
Thanks for setting up the Jam. We had a great time.

Mack and Kelly

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2010 6:49 am    

I enjoyed the meeting, and swapping solos with seven other steel players. This month we had Dave Goodman, Mack Quinney, Roy Glaze, Danny Hawk, Randy from Victoria, David B., and Jeremy Wade, and yours truly.

There were also some beginner steel players that chose not to pick but were there to listen and learn. I had my brain picked several times with questions from newbie players just there to listen. And there were also a couple dozen 290B&G regulars that comprise the listening audience as well.

David B. and Matt, with Ken on guitar, were an excellent and knowledgeable rhythm section. Ken, Curtis Alford, and Kelly Quinney were on hand as vocalists to break up the monotony Laughing of the steel playing.

J.D. Faron, owner of the 290 Bar and Grill (where the event is held on the 2nd Sunday of the month, and is in my home town of Cedar Valley), deserves kudos as well. There was more than just beans and cornbread to eat, there was brisket, cole slaw, salads, and more. J.D. is a country singer/recording artist and is happy to host the event.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Last edited by Herb Steiner on 17 Feb 2010 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave Goodman

San Antonio, TX, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 5:55 am    

Very enjoyable meeting/jam. Herb, I appreciate your advice on the push-pulls. Hopefully I will have one at the next meeting in April.
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2010 11:28 am    

Thanks Herb, Mack and Dave
I am having a difficult time coming up with new ways of saying how great these guys are.
and what fun it is to hang out at the Austin Steel Guitar Co-op
So I really appreciate your update/report Herb.
Here are some pics of the local and regular PSGs, and a rare photo of Herb striking a pose on Roy Glazes left handed MSA.
Herb Steiner has excellent instructional materials CLICK <B>Herb Steiner Music</B>

I intend to have some video at the future ASGC events, but I will need a helper or a guitar player which ever is available.

Also the March Austin Steel Guitar Co-op will be canceled for the Dallas Steel Guitar Convention.
See you in Dallas and see you on the 2nd Sunday of April