| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Long time Virginia Country Artist Tommy Riddle....RIP
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2010 9:53 am    

I just got word that Tommy Riddle passed away this morning around 6:00 AM. Tommy had been a local artist for many years. If you'd like more info on him, go to his website which is www.tommyriddle.com and it's on there. He was a very nice soft spoken guy and was a damn fine singer in his heyday. Also for any of AF&AM or F&AM members, Tommy was a brother Mason, Shriner, and Scottish Rite member who was always on the square! His services will be this coming Monday in Suffolk, Va. I believe. I'll post the exact location when I receive it.....JH in Va.

Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2010 11:35 am    

Jerry,
This Is Some Very Sad News Indeed!, I Remember as a Young Man Learning My Craft, Learning From The Giant's Like Mr. Tommy Riddle, Mr. Norman Phelps and the Phelps Family, Bill Deal and Others in The Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads Area (I Remember Playing In The Norfolk Arena(No Longer There), Or The Peppermint Lounge, Jolly Rogers?.
May God Bring Peace to His Family and Friends, and They Will Be In Our Thoughts & Prayers. RIP.

From The Land Of OZ -
Howie Crying or Very sad
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2010 2:20 am    

Hey Howie, thanks for your kind words......

Tommy's service will be this coming Monday January 18th at Sturtevant Funeral Home on Portsmouth Blvd. in Portsmouth at 11:00 AM. It will be followed by a reception at Pinecrest Baptist Church. The service will be conducted by Rev. Tom Potter of Pinecrest....JH in Va.

Post  Posted 16 Jan 2010 5:35 am    

Jerry,

Thank You For Letting Us Know What's Going On, I Have Already Got Word, That 4 or 5 of my Cousin's are Going To Try and Attend The Service, I Hope They Do A Video Service?, I Got To View One Of My Cousin's Funeral Last Month This Way, And It;s Almost Like Being There!, I Am So Glad That As President of The VCMA, You Got The Pleasure To Award Mr. Riddle, With The Pioneer Award, While He Could Still Enjoy It!. God Bless All, From The Land Of OZ -
Howie Crying or Very sad
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2010 12:56 pm    

Howie, we just got back from Tommy's funeral service and family reception afterward. Jack Bateman sang "How Great Thou Art" and I accompanied him on acoustic guitar. Tommy had wanted the tune "Farewell Party" to be sung at his funeral so we changed some of the words to make it more appropriate and did it also. There were many musicians & singers at the service. The reception was held at the social hall at Pinecrest Baptist Church in Portsmouth. Thanks to all who attended......JH in Va.

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2010 2:29 pm    

Jerry,

Thank You Very Much For The Update on The Service, What I Hear & Read Here, It Was a Beautiful Service, and He would Really Have Liked The Turn Out!, I could not find a Video Feed on the Internet, so I know I missed a Wonderful Send off For a Wonderful Guy!, At Least He's no Longer In Pain, and He's singing In the Grand Ole Oprey in the Lords Hall, To All His Family and Friends He Is In Our Thoughts & Prayers, In This Time Of Deep Sadness, May God Comfort You In Your Pain and Sorrow!.
Howie