| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Long time Western Mass Country Singer AL Cody Passes.
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2010 7:35 am    

Al (Cote)Cody passed away yesterday after a long illness that confined him for the past few years to constant care..Al worked some of the premier clubs most notably the Amvets in Chicopee where he built a large following.He later helped establish the Country and Western Lounge in Holyoke Mass where he was known to pack in an audience for 4 nights a week...Al was in his late 50s..Up until his illness we kept a contact and he visited me on his last trip to Florida..Al had many friends.Doug Beaumier worked with Al for a few years.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2010 7:58 pm    

This is very sad news. I knew Al was sick, but I didn't realize how serious his illness was. We were the same age, and we had some fun gigs back in the day. Rest in peace, Al.
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 6:10 am    

Doug,the last time I had seen him was when we did that show in Chicopee...Joey Bear called me Sunday twice,once when he heard that Al had recieved the last rights of his Church and a few hours later when he passed..way too young !! R.I.P AL..
Bill Hankey

Pittsfield, MA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2010 8:19 am    

Very sad news. Al was a great entertainer in country music in the greater Springfield, MA area. He was well schooled in the who's who of steel guitarists.
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 8:54 am    

Bill ,very true. Al never had a band that did not feature Steel Guitar.I believe Dougie was with him until he stopped playing..His following was very loyal and no matter where he played they would be there.He was also very loyal to them and his band members.I found him to be a man of his word,a look you straight in the eye guy..
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 10:21 am    

Joe, Al thought the world of you... both you and Leigh were his heroes. He mentioned your names a lot, and always in a good way.
Leigh Howell

Edinburgh, Scotland * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2010 11:42 am     Sad News!!

I'm totally shocked!!And saddened by this!! I always enjoyed seeing Al, and his band entertaining at the Jamborees etc. I got to meet, and make lots of friends during that era, and Al was one of them. RIP my friend!!! Leigh
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2010 5:10 am    

Hi Joe,Doug,Bill' Leigh I did not know Al Cote but then again I might have when Anna and I went to Bill Hankey's Steel Shows.I'm sorry to hear about Al Cote as I'm very saddened about our R.I. Steel player and best friend Ralph Paulin.God Bless both of them and now they are playing country music together in Heaven.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association