| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sold: SD-10, 4x5
Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2010 8:07 am    

Selling another guitar: this is an SD-10 that I put together myself. Several years ago, I acquired an incomplete Marrs S-10. I wanted an SD-10, so decided to use the Marrs parts as the base for one. The Marrs parts on this SD-10 are: keyhead, changer, fretboard, legs, Trutone pickup, and pedal rack. The wood neck was from the Marrs, but is probably off a Sho-Bud, it looks older. The endplates are new MCI parts that I got from Lone Star guitars. The body was built by a friend of mine, and is plain but built well. The lacquer finish looks nice, but is not a super glossy pro-style finish. The parts are pretty well fitted together, and while everything is not perfect,the guitar looks good.

The parts I made myself include the pedals, pedal rods, pad, and all the under carriage parts, except for the steel angle inside the front apron, which is a Marrs part. All these parts look good, and work well, but are not exactly uniform. The guitar does play well. This is a really good sounding guitar, it sounds better then some other guitars that I have owned. I built the case, it’s heavy but very solid. It's been about 2 years since i finished the guitar, but really haven't played it a lot.

A, B, C, pedals are Emmons set-up, the 4th lowers 5 and 10.
LKL raises 4+8 ½ step
LKR lowers 4+8 ½ step
LKV lowers 5 +10 1 step
RKL raises 1, 1 step, and 2, 1/2, and lowers 6, 1 step
RKR lowers 2, ½, and 9, ½

Price: 850, plus shipping. I don't want to use Paypal, Money order or check is fine, check must clear befroe shipping. Pictures below.

Last edited by Bill Moore on 28 Mar 2010 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 27 Mar 2010 9:31 am    

Nice job, Bill! I sent the link to Paul Delamater, a steeler in Ann Arbor who needs to upgrade.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2010 10:18 am    

assuming it functions well as you say, this looks like a heck of a deal. way better than a student model for less! i'd grab it!
Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2010 11:27 am    

Thanks Drew and Chris, I do think this would be an upgrade from a student model. Drew, it would be nice to do a local sale, I might even have something else he would be interested in. Smile